E99 comp swap?

Arisley

Reaction score
PMT 1,2 and 3 are all DPC-422, what would be the difference? Is the stock calibration a lot different? I know they can all be used with the same chip.

Not sure what the difference is between the 3. I need to tear into my dash and put acruise light in also. And replace all of the bulbs while I am in there.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Not sure what the difference is between the 3. I need to tear into my dash and put acruise light in also. And replace all of the bulbs while I am in there.

I'm thinking it's mostly shift strategies, since PMT1 is the one everyone seems to like the best. Or at least the most talked about.

Good idea on replacing all the bulbs while it's apart.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's mostly shift strategies, since PMT1 is the one everyone seems to like the best. Or at least the most talked about.

Good idea on replacing all the bulbs while it's apart.

You are correct, they are shift strategies.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i agree with the nvk, though i though the pmt's were more for the trans than the motor?

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
I can't compare trans info since I swapped PCM's and put in a BTS at the same time. But there was a definite throttle response and power difference with a chipped truck and 175/146's.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
so your saying, that there is a difference between a chipped pmt and a chipped nvk? how is that possible, i thought that the chip overrode the tuning on the pcm with its own, so the pcm "is no longer functional", its all off the chip.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
so your saying, that there is a difference between a chipped pmt and a chipped nvk? how is that possible, i thought that the chip overrode the tuning on the pcm with its own, so the pcm "is no longer functional", its all off the chip.

That's exactly what I got from my research when I swapped. My pcm is just a 422, I know its not a nvk, or a pmt either

907DAVE

Reaction score
As soon as a chip is plugged in it makes no difference what PCM it is......all chip at that point.

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
The main reason that PMT1 is used so frequently is that the "Romulator" live tuning box uses the base res defs when tuning. So basically if you have a PCM that is PMT2 it will run in the same truck as the PMT1 or 3 but you cannot live tune using the Romulator with it. Most times when tuning a truck you must pull over and stop, shut the truck off, update the tune, and then continue driving. With the Romulator you can be driving down the street and reach over and change a value in one of the tuning tables and the truck reacts almost immediately. This tool is invaluable when a large amount of tuning changes must be made in a short time. It is even more effective when you have one tuner driving the vehicle and giving feedback while another tuner is making the changes live.

Latest posts

Members online