E99 F250 - Leveling kit the front of reduce spacer block in the rear?

uw mitch

Reaction score
Title should read: E99 F250 - Leveling kit the front OR reduce spacer block in the rear?

I know I posted a WTB for a smaller spacer block (stock on the E99 is a 4" and I think a 2" like off a later model would level out the truck). At the risk of being the FNG who posts a WTB thread then waffles on what he's doing...

About the truck - CCSB E99, I'm running BFG TA/KO's in 305/65/R17. I first started out thinking I'd get a front leveling kit to even out the front/rear. But when I started reading about adjustable track bars and various people having problems with various kits I thought - why not just bring the back down with a smaller spacer block and not mess with the front geometry. Also when I'm going down I5 between Seattle and Portland at 70ish, the wind noise is awfully loud, so I'm thinking that putting it 2" higher in the wind will be all the worse.

But then I'm thinking, if I lower the rear, will my truck have a "squished" look?

Some questions I'm wondering:

• Will either approach make the handling any better? Any worse?
  • I have an ever so slight rub at full lock on steering, will a leveling kit help with that? I'd guess not, since it's rubbing on the leaf spring, but maybe one of you guys know for sure.
  • Is 2" in the front coming up enough to make any noticable difference in highway noise? At 60mph the cab noise is fine, but at 70mph, with the enging at 2000rpm and a cross wind, it's fairly loud.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on pros/cons and experiencing around putting a leveling kit in the front versus a smaller spacer block in the rear.

Thanks!
Mitch

sootie

Reaction score
wind noise wont change much regardless of height.

if your tires are rubbing on the leaf and not on the body, a leveling kit wont change anything.

if you need help envisioning the new ride height, add weight to the bed until it goes down 1 7/8" and see if you like the look.

i personally think the lower block in the rear looks cool but thats just my .02

Latest posts

Members online