Early build 99 door ajar/GEM issues

Ruger5901

Reaction score
I bought this truck with this issue. The gem is reading the door ajar switches backwards. Doors closed the ajar light is on. Open the light goes off. I've swapped switches with good ones and same issue. I cut and flipped the positive and negative wires on plug and still same issue. That seems to be the only problem with the truck besides sporadically losing heat and blowing cold air. Which, I think is just a blend door issue but could be tied into GEM issues if I'm not mistaken. Is there a test procedure or anyway I can pinpoint it is the GEM before I dump $400 on a new one?? Thanks and Merry Christmas.... Not Happy Holidays.

Ruger5901

Reaction score
I bought this truck with this issue. The gem is reading the door ajar switches backwards. Doors closed the ajar light is on. Open the light goes off. I've swapped switches with good ones and same issue. I cut and flipped the positive and negative wires on plug and still same issue. That seems to be the only problem with the truck besides sporadically losing heat and blowing cold air. Which, I think is just a blend door issue but could be tied into GEM issues if I'm not mistaken. Is there a test procedure or anyway I can pinpoint it is the GEM before I dump $400 on a new one?? Thanks and Merry Christmas.... Not Happy Holidays.

Bump

Ruger5901

Reaction score
The switches have good power and ground. They are also working correctly which leads me to believe its a gem issue. I need to know how to test it.

Ruger5901

Reaction score
From my understanding they have to be flashed by ford for your truck. I could be wrong.

MossBack

Reaction score
Auto Enginuity has some gem test procedures although I have never tried it I am sure it works...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts