Early water pump failures

NickPic83

Reaction score
I had my secondary water pump and a hose replaced with 36,0xx miles and now at 36,1xx miles my primary water pump is being replaced.

Anyone have any ideas on why these would fail so soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I personally havent seen secondary water pump issues, but the primary seems to be junk. At leas on the 11-13 trucks.

Nj67

Reaction score
Mine went a 41 or 43 or somewhere close and had it covered under warranty

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I honestly couldnt tell you. I have yet to see one come back so far. However, i do not remember if they are updated or not. The good news is that they are covered under the 5/100 warranty though.

NickPic83

Reaction score
Got truck back from Ford with new primary pump and they had no idea what would cause these early failures. Well hopefully nothing else pops up. Got deeletes and tune ready to get installed

NickPic83

Reaction score
Well looks like primary pump is leaking again! Also I think my radiator is leaking. Going to ford tomorrow for them to look at it. They should cover the pump but if the radiator is indeed leaking I'll be looking into what my options are for replacement

Reaction score
Well looks like primary pump is leaking again! Also I think my radiator is leaking. Going to ford tomorrow for them to look at it. They should cover the pump but if the radiator is indeed leaking I'll be looking into what my options are for replacement

Are you sure its not leaking from somewhere above and running down? Check the valley of the engine with a flashlight. Is there coolant there? If there is, you have one of your turbo lines leaking more than likely. Seems crazy that the new pump they just put on is also leaking.

NickPic83

Reaction score
Are you sure its not leaking from somewhere above and running down? Check the valley of the engine with a flashlight. Is there coolant there? If there is, you have one of your turbo lines leaking more than likely. Seems crazy that the new pump they just put on is also leaking.
I heard about the line on the turbo being a common issue and I looked. I could not see any coolant in the valley or anywhere near the top of the engine.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The turbo lines tend to leak to the back of the engine though. Sorry to hear about your luck... I have never seen one come back in the 5+ years these things been running around. You got esp or anything? I believe premium care covers radiators.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Its like a puppy, apparently scared of what you're gonna try so it keeps pissin itself LOL

Latest posts

Members online