Ebc brakes?

Ptbo64

Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience running EBC brake pads and or rotors? And what was your experience with them. It's about time for new brakes on my truck and lookin at possible upgrades above stock. Truck tow horse trailers and large boats frequently also does a fair bit of off road trails and occasional mudding. Any words of wisdom would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I've ran both ebc's rotors and 2 types of their pads (yellow and green)

All positive results as well as the customers I have sold them to.

The pads do put out more brake dust than factory, but that's to be expected with a performance pad.

They yellow has less brake fade than the green but the dust is considerably heavier.

For the rotors they are nice but there are other options out there tha are somewhat less expensive.

Have not had any complaints (besides dust) from anyone I've sold ebc products.

Stroked777

Reaction score
What are some good rotors you would suggest? Need something a little better (drilled and slotted) to slow down 8200# from 100mph +

Sorry didn't mean to jack the thread op

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Ebc has good rotors but them come with a cost, we have a company who we sell direct for as well that offers 3 different types of rotors and also offers playing at a more affordable cost.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
i'm currently running their slotted/dimpled rotors and green pads... love them so far

Ptbo64

Reaction score
Awesome thank for the info guys. Anybody aware if Canadian retailers, can't seem to find one online. Most online retailers won't ship I canada either....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I want brakes that won't make noise all they time ugh.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

With pads other than factory you have to be prepared for some light squeaking on occasion. If you are getting a heavy amount of brake squeal, it is usually a glazed rotor.

tThere are a few fixes that can be done in the driveway to get rid of the squeak and you back on the road.

Excessive noise can also come from worn pads that need to be replaced.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
With pads other than factory you have to be prepared for some light squeaking on occasion. If you are getting a heavy amount of brake squeal, it is usually a glazed rotor.

tThere are a few fixes that can be done in the driveway to get rid of the squeak and you back on the road.

Excessive noise can also come from worn pads that need to be replaced.

from new to 30% my brake pads have squeaked. Maybe a glazed rotor than.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
try scuffing both the rotor and the pad with some sand paper or an abrasive disc. try just to remove the film, not material off the rotor.

this will cause the pad to "re-bed" into the rotor

Latest posts

Members online