EBPV Switch for Warm up

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I am wanting to install a switch running to my EBPV to run it manually to warm the truck up... What is the best way to do this without hurting the solenoid? Want to pretty much disable the automatic control ( it is unplugged already) and only have it on when I have the switch on. Any help would be appreciated guys!

Arisley

Reaction score
Why, it doesn't work. The truck does not warm up any faster. My truck has not had one for three years now. By the time I get to the freeway (less than 3 miles) it is up to temps.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
It doesnt really help.... I need to unplug mine since its been wanting to stay closed

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
It sounds kinda cool while its in high idle and its closed but thats it LOL

dustinz85

Reaction score
Mine has been unplugged for a few years now, noticed no difference in warm up time, but yeah it sounds awesome, my neighbors at school didn't like it LOL I need to delete it anyway the ped is starting to leak oil and is making a mess..

Sent from my DROID X2

dustinz85

Reaction score
What is an ebpv? Where is it LOL

Exhaust back pressure valve, its a butterfly valve after the Turbo, supposed to help with warm up, the pcm closes it when the oil temp is below a certain temp usually a min or two after the high idle kicks in. Most ppl have problems with them closing when they aren't supposed to or the pedestal leaks oil around the solenoid and just delete them

Sent from my DROID X2

01PSD

Reaction score
Exhaust back pressure valve, its a butterfly valve after the Turbo, supposed to help with warm up, the pcm closes it when the oil temp is below a certain temp usually a min or two after the high idle kicks in. Most ppl have problems with them closing when they aren't supposed to or the pedestal leaks oil around the solenoid and just delete them

Sent from my DROID X2

i do believe it was sarcasm.. LOL
mine is gutted and gone :D

d7es3l

Reaction score
My buddy spliced the factory wires into a switch, I am looking to do the same thing. I will ask him for help & see what I can tell you!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I do know what the ebpv is :doh: I didnt know anybody had one. Mines been mia since the 6leaker was still in production. In fact, i was one of the first customers to buy the bank$ powe elbow to ditch the cover and valve flapper altogether. Say what you want about gales overpricex crap but that elbow has been on two different truck and about 300k milez worth of exhaust blown through it.

That concept of using the valve as a brake is ill conceived without a beefed up valvetrain. I know people do it but its no bueno. I cant remember clearly but isnt the outlet(turbine) fairly small? My power elbow is a true 4" as is my garrett piece on my 38r.

fordornothing

Reaction score
what's the difference between using it as a break vs. when the pcm tells it to close when temps are below a certain point? before i put it to a switch it would open and close all the time when it was cold.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The amount of backpressure that a warmed up vehicle towing something vs a slow sluggish cold one produces. Yea, mostly that. You can do it. Its your truck.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
what's the difference between using it as a break vs. when the pcm tells it to close when temps are below a certain point? before i put it to a switch it would open and close all the time when it was cold.

Let's see... Comming over a hill, 2500 rpms...turbos spinning A LOT faster than at 750 rpm.
Seen turbos crap the bed when using the ebpv as a brake... Once again.. your truck
sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ebpv sure helps mine on warm up, especially while i was working in Minnesota and had to start the truck in -25* weather...... use it as a break too.. but then again ive bent 8 pushrods but i figured that was from over revs.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.