EBPV

Delta161

Reaction score
Is there a way to unplug or deactivate the ebpv without actually gutting it. I don't want to gut it until I have the money for a turbo pedestal without it. It keeps activating while I'm driving and it makes the truck surge pretty bad. Any help is appreciated.

Mitch

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Unplug it at the pedestal.

EBPV Connector.JPG

Last edited:

94.5stroker

Reaction score
I did that last year just unplugged it at the pedestal, make sure the pickup is completely warm, or at least that the ebpv is open all the way as it stays in the position it is in when you unplug it ask me how I know....... I read something about being able to disconnect the actual ebpv sensor and that would force it to always stay open but I haven't found anything more supporting that theory so I'm not sure if it is true. Anybody else know on that?

94.5stroker

Reaction score
I never had it shut on me all last winter when I unplugged it at the pedestal. It's not a big deal to just wait till it is warm to unplug it, I just thought it would ensure that it was all the way open if it worked by unplugging the sensor idk

94.5stroker

Reaction score
well like I said I only saw it posted once, and I haven't taken the time to completely search on it, that's why I was hoping somebody would chime in that has done it......... so don't take it as fact that it will work, but if you are willing to try it, post back with what you find out

dietoremain

Reaction score
yup just unplug it, mines gutted and plugged, no need for a blank pedestal its so easy to modify your own.

Arisley

Reaction score
It is spring loaded to the open position. If you unplug it, the spring will keep it open. If you really want to make sure it never closes, you can wire it open, but that spring is pretty strong.

Big Bore

Reaction score
It is spring loaded to the open position. If you unplug it, the spring will keep it open. If you really want to make sure it never closes, you can wire it open, but that spring is pretty strong.

Not to mention it's closed by a solenoid. Unplugged solenoid means no electromagnet. If the valve was really caked with soot I could maybe see it sticking, but you can operate it by the external linkage if it is.

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, that spring is going to want to open it. Course, if the spring is broken, all bets are off. But that is a big spring to break.

94.5stroker

Reaction score
musta been a fluke then...... I plugged it back in then waited till it was warmed up and unplugged it and it was open then. Prolly just hung up on soot or something then the next time it cycled shut then open it completely opened idk. It was also my first winter with a diesel so it coulda been in my head too who knows :shrug: haha

dietoremain

Reaction score
I gutted and plugged mine long time ago. Was putting in a 1.0 turbine housing at the time.. so we just did it all.

Latest posts

Members online