eclb to ccsb?

94TurboDiesel

Reaction score
I have a 94 eclb that I was wondering if I could swap out the ext cab and long bed out for a crew cab and a short bed. How big of a pia the would the swap be. Any help would be great I need a cc for my daughters car seat so any info would be great. Thanks guys

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
theres a guy on another forum working on this now. The frames make a upwards tun after the cabs so jut puttngit on thee you woul haeto body lift the front part of the cab. The solution in the air is cutting the lb down to a short bed lots of fab work. 2nd cutting the fame and length it by 3 inches which is alot to do but to me would be the somewhat easier route. of course i have built a few frames myself

co04cobra

Reaction score
I have 2 97 cc/sb that are going up for sale. Either one would work great to put your drivetrain in.

blaze42069

Reaction score
I have a 94 eclb that I was wondering if I could swap out the ext cab and long bed out for a crew cab and a short bed. How big of a pia the would the swap be. Any help would be great I need a cc for my daughters car seat so any info would be great. Thanks guys

I put a CC on a RCLB also because we have kids, and it was a lot of work, had to cut 30" out of the box and use a 3" bodylift to clear the frame as previously stated. It took about 23 hrs for me and a buddy just to do the metal work on the box. It was a fun build tho.
I do know a guy who fit a CC on an ECLB frame with a stock short box, but also needed a bodylift to clear the frame. It was alot less work than mine.
Try to find a complete truck for your swap with a good interior, I can't find any interior trim pieces for the rear anywhere new, had to scavange all the parts outta used rigs. And still am looking for the rear lower door sills. Good luck with your build.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I put a CC on a RCLB also because we have kids, and it was a lot of work, had to cut 30" out of the box and use a 3" bodylift to clear the frame as previously stated. It took about 23 hrs for me and a buddy just to do the metal work on the box. It was a fun build tho.
I do know a guy who fit a CC on an ECLB frame with a stock short box, but also needed a bodylift to clear the frame. It was alot less work than mine.
Try to find a complete truck for your swap with a good interior, I can't find any interior trim pieces for the rear anywhere new, had to scavange all the parts outta used rigs. And still am looking for the rear lower door sills. Good luck with your build.
Any pictures of your build?

Latest posts

Members online