Ecoboost Vs. Super Duty Update..

FreddyM

Reaction score
Okay fellas, I was able to borrow a FX4 F150 Ecoboost for a week from the dealer......

yea the power is good stock, but nothing compares to the tuned 6.4
those tiny little turbos don't pull like ours do.

the truck is comfortable and has a plush ride, but still not as fun as driving my diesel.

fuel economy is NOT as advertised...i drove like i usually do, and only got 13-14mpg.....now that is good mpgs, but thats from 365hp pushing an f150, i get the same plus more from a 8k pound 500hp plus diesel.

long story short, doesn't put a smile on my face...I couldn't drive around enjoying myself, like i do with my 6.4......
ill keep my super duty as long as i can!!!!

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Glad to hear it! I wasn't all that impressed with the ecoboost power honestly I expected a lot more from it.

one2nine

Reaction score
I figured you would. I've toyed with the idea from time to time, but honestly you'd be paying just as much for a loaded f150 as you probably are the diesel, so why not just keep the diesel lol

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I think a lot of my problem with the ecoboost was I haven't driven anything with less than 500whp for two years now so it just felt anemic. The only thing I've driven that was stock that didn't drive me nuts is my dads 6.7l power stroke. The new 6.7s run damn good stock. I just don't think I could go back to a gasser.

goodie85

Reaction score
Okay fellas, I was able to borrow a FX4 F150 Ecoboost for a week from the dealer......

yea the power is good stock, but nothing compares to the tuned 6.4
those tiny little turbos don't pull like ours do.

the truck is comfortable and has a plush ride, but still not as fun as driving my diesel.

fuel economy is NOT as advertised...i drove like i usually do, and only got 13-14mpg.....now that is good mpgs, but thats from 365hp pushing an f150, i get the same plus more from a 8k pound 500hp plus diesel.

long story short, doesn't put a smile on my face...I couldn't drive around enjoying myself, like i do with my 6.4......
ill keep my super duty as long as i can!!!!

Since im debating on either a 6.4 or ecoboost(totaled the 7.3) this thread is quite interesting to me, reliability is the huge issue with me, and i do not know much about the 6.4 diesel but it seems like the ecoboost is plenty reliable so far. Keep the updates coming in guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

one2nine

Reaction score
Since im debating on either a 6.4 or ecoboost(totaled the 7.3) this thread is quite interesting to me, reliability is the huge issue with me, and i do not know much about the 6.4 diesel but it seems like the ecoboost is plenty reliable so far. Keep the updates coming in guys

Do all the deletes/studs and you'll be fine.

MINK

Reaction score
So now we're comparing a stock Ecoboost to a tuned/modded 6.4? I cant agree that that's apples to apples.

goodie85

Reaction score
So now we're comparing a stock Ecoboost to a tuned/modded 6.4? I cant agree that that's apples to apples.

I agree haha but id upgrade both the 6.4 and ecoboost if i were to get either or, its just which in in gunna run completely flawless for me up to 100,000 miles

TyCorr

Reaction score
Glad to hear it! I wasn't all that impressed with the ecoboost power honestly I expected a lot more from it.

This^. More hype.than a batmowheel. Ill never own another f150.

In other unexpected news, my 12 duramax is.back in the shop. Dealer called last night.and said they think the motor is.toast. Wtf!?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats what ive heard the only problem is i cant do studs by myself id have to pay someone else to do em

My buddy Mac just rolled 100k on his six fo'. Put 43k on it last yeat alone. Deleted/studded/tuned and happy.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I'd love to see a intake-exhaust-tuner shoot out between a 6.4 and Ecoboost. Just about any vehicle platform with forced induction can really come alive with basic mods.... Point in case 6.4. I bet that ecoboost would come alive pretty quick with some mods.

Jbenso127

Reaction score
I'd love to see a intake-exhaust-tuner shoot out between a 6.4 and Ecoboost. Just about any vehicle platform with forced induction can really come alive with basic mods.... Point in case 6.4. I bet that ecoboost would come alive pretty quick with some mods.

iirc, diamond eye claims a 40+HP gain, with just a bolt in exhaust. I could be mistaken, but that's a damn good starting point (just exhaust.)

Slowgt2003

Reaction score
I've yet to drive an Eco boost but I've seen some impressive numbers from the trucks with basic bolt ons ie CAI exhaust and tuned. I'm sure it was a world of difference driving one after driving a 500hp diesel.

Reaction score
There's several 100+rwhp over stock ecoboost's with the good intake exhaust and sct custom tunes. 400+ rwhp half ton ftw!

I would have an ecoboost as long as I still had a diesel too.

goodie85

Reaction score
There's several 100+rwhp over stock ecoboost's with the good intake exhaust and sct custom tunes. 400+ rwhp half ton ftw!

I would have an ecoboost as long as I still had a diesel too.

honestly I do not know a bunch about 6.4's so all I have heard is horror stories about them and that scares me, which is why for a new vehicle its between the ecoboost-5.0-6.4 for me. I'd love for someone to come in and say all the pros and cons of a 6.4 since ive done hours of research on the 5.0/ecoboost. but that may be for another thread haha. I'd love to still have a diesel but the maintence is so high for them it seems.

Atsah

Reaction score
honestly I do not know a bunch about 6.4's so all I have heard is horror stories about them and that scares me, which is why for a new vehicle its between the ecoboost-5.0-6.4 for me. I'd love for someone to come in and say all the pros and cons of a 6.4 since ive done hours of research on the 5.0/ecoboost. but that may be for another thread haha. I'd love to still have a diesel but the maintence is so high for them it seems.

F-150 and Super Duty are like night and day.. What do you use your truck for? If you have the need for a real truck and don't want a diesel, take a 6.2 Super Duty for a ride.. If you don't need or want a Super Duty, ecoboost would be your ticket..

Latest posts

Members online