Ecoboost Vs. Super Duty Update..

FreddyM

Reaction score
I wouldnt call a 15.3 and 90 mph trap speeds slow.

You think 15.3 is anything but slow?!? My stock hemi 1500 would run high 14s with a superchips tune.

Sorry I've been off the forum all day. But to you guys that are still debating the Ecoboost vs superduty: a 2013 comes with an onboard data recorder, so say bye bye to tuning it while in warranty. I'm serious guys, my family member is a service manager at the ford dealer and he is not honoring warranty claims on 13 vehicles that he knows have been tuned. They can tell nowadays. And the 6.7s with DPF deletes he is turning away and telling them to go to another dealer because he did too many claims with deleted 6.4s.....
The Ecoboost is over-hyped, I didn't get that good gas mileage as they told me, and honestly the transmission feels like it's gunna fall on his face the first 5 min driving it each day.

It has no where the interior space of my SD. And the 5.5 bed is NOT gunna cut it.
I wasn't happy with the experience honestly. I had a built
Hemi in my first truck and then I switched to a diesel and then switching back to gas left me wanting more. No real power behind it.
I'm happy I got to drive one and not test drive it only once.

I am a proud family member of a ford plant employee so I received A plan pricing, and FULLY loaded fx4 with a 402 tech package. It's the max you can go, I was still looking at over 40k!!!!!!!!!
I bought my 08 KR with 75k for 28!!!!!!!!

Wasn't stoked on that......

the locking diff and little features did interest me, but after driving it and then seein other Super Duties on the road, it'll make you really regret getting one. And if anyone is looking to increase tire size beyond stock, good luck because it TEARS into the gas mileage......

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
You think 15.3 is anything but slow?!? My stock hemi 1500 would run high 14s with a superchips tune.......

Eco's with an SCT are in the 13's, I love both my diesels AND my F150.
Personal preferences but an F150 was never designed to replace a Super Duty they were designed to whoop up on hemis and tundras and they are doing a fine job on the track, the street AND the sales race lol

bad12jr

Reaction score
For the most part of us a new f150 would do most jobs we need a truck for. Plus 2/3 thirds less oil. Cheaper parts/ tires and maintnence with similar fuel mileage.

But I'm still going diesel at the moment just because in the future a used eco would compliment my 7.3 when there are some used ones out there.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Only way I would do it is if I don't need to tow any more, then its Raptor time

my thinking was the same, but my damn neighbor just got one so i got an srt8 grand cherokee, raptor was definitely my second choice.

goodie85

Reaction score
For the most part of us a new f150 would do most jobs we need a truck for. Plus 2/3 thirds less oil. Cheaper parts/ tires and maintnence with similar fuel mileage.

But I'm still going diesel at the moment just because in the future a used eco would compliment my 7.3 when there are some used ones out there.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

Thats the thing im looking at is price to buy and then also the price to own, which is why im torn between the two because it costs more to own a diesel but i love diesels, do i need a diesel, not exactly but i absolutely love the feel of a diesel. I have a lot more research between the 6.4-5.0-ecoboost before i purchase i guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
my thinking was the same, but my damn neighbor just got one so i got an srt8 grand cherokee, raptor was definitely my second choice.

Mike,

How do you like the srt8? I've been looking at them lately, they intrigue me. The mpg does not, but they are badass!

FreddyM

Reaction score
Ecoboost vs. 6.2 raptor stock to stock Ecoboost wins every time
Tuned vs tuned, Ecoboost wins
My 6.4 tuned vs those 2 gassers, they'll be left behind like they didn't know what hit them

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has an ecoboost and says he gets about 17 on the highway here in Colorado empty.
However, he hauled two four wheelers on a "light" trailer(13" wheels), up I-70 over Eisenhower and had trouble trying to run highway speeds saying it would shift down and just scream. His gas mileage dropped to 9-10 mpg.
He says it's nice around town but sucks to haul anything.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
^^^ thats what i have been told from a couple guys that has used/owned a eco boost... ok mileage but falls on its face if you hook anything but a jet ski on the back of it... ive been told as high as 20-21mpg on the freeway to as little as 12 all freeway, not towing. its just like buying anything else... its either great or not.

live life full throttle

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Or....

23347_476611259040981_1752471534_n.jpg

http://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.473160746075234.112863.141262212598424&type=1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online