ECT sending unit or something else?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Ok I have talked about this before but I'm really curious on more input.
Driving normal last night around town temps hit 59* last night and me EOT was bout 205* and ECT about 197*, about 20min later or so I noticed my ECT dropped drastically to 168* and hung there for awhile. It would climb to around 173* ten drop again. I came to a stop light and noticed it jumped back up to 197*. Once I left the light it started dropping to around 170ish*. I can't seem to replicate this issue and it is not a constant thing. I normally run a 6-8* delta city and 10-12* highway, anyone have this issue as well or idea? I have replaced oil cooler twice about 2.5yrs ago. Hope it's not that again.

Zmann

Reaction score
man I would think it's a t stat issue

easy to change IMHO I just did mine

Zmann

Reaction score
follow radiator hose on driver side it's below the fuel lines

drain the radiator and should take about 20 minutes it comes with a whole new housing and o ring

Zmann

Reaction score
images

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Get whatever container can hold 2 gallons of coolant, open the degas cap, open lower radiator drain port, and drain out 2 gallons. Make sure the container is PERFECTLY clean since this fluid will go back into the system.

Remove the air filter housing and connector tube. Disconnect the cold side IC pipe. (good time to swap out to the metal 2003 version if needed). Loosen the upper radiator hose clamps at the radiator and Tsat. Remove hose. Remove two mount bolts from Tsat(10mm??), replace Tsat. Install all components removed. Refill with coolant, test drive and burp the system every so often till satisfied with temps.

BTW I did this about a week ago. I might have done a bit more work than other people.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
while you're in there make sure the fuel pressure regulator housing isnt leaking. ive seen them leak and it'll drip on the coolant temp sensor connector causing erratic readings on coolant temp.

Zmann

Reaction score
BTW I did this about a week ago. I might have done a bit more work than other people.

Me also
I did a lot of stuff from water pump ,steel cac,radiator, hoses ,belt, tensioner,t-stat and 4 gallons of coolant so maybe I over simplified the T/stat?

Latest posts

Members online