Edge cs or cts monitor, good or bad

97strokerHD

Reaction score
Looking at getting a monitor. Have been looking at the edge cs or cts but hear a lot of mixed reviews about edge products. Wondering if there are any other options that are around the same price with the same options.

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
I love my CTS. I have installed 2 sets of isspros, in my old obs and my Superduty. It was nice to plug it into the obd2 on the 6.4 and be done with it. You would have to buy a pyrometer probe, I have one I need to sell if you are interested. It is the non expandable style.

Koda22

Reaction score
Yea I don't have heard anything bad about the monitors...you might hear different things about their tuning, but you have nothing to worry about when it comes to using them for a monitor.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I have a cts in my obs and have had zero issues. Love the gauge setup, oil and coolant temp, egt, boost, and a back up camera. Easy to read and set up. I got it before the cts 2 came out so I'll get a cts 2 for other vehicles from now on.

97White'nSilver

Reaction score
The insights have a little quirk specific to only some of our trucks and edge can't tell you if your truck will or won't do it. The monitor will randomly lose connection with the pcm causing it to turn of and the only way to turn the monitor on is to turn off the truck completely. I recently sold mine and went to analog after having no gauges while towing in the mountains cause of this. Edge told me about a month after I bought it that their new update would take care of it. A year later it still wasn't fixed so I sold it. My pcm code is NAW6 but they couldn't tell me if it was code specific. That said I loved it when it was working and edge was always polite just never came through with fixing it.

Derkperk

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my CTS but after the update, which is very easily done, I've had ZERO problems. Cts 2 ftw.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
One of the guy's here was running a CTS in his OBS. While it reads some parameters pretty well just through the OBDII port, I would suggest getting he EAS 12-V supply Pack (Edge PN 98614). That pack comes with boost, trans, pyro, and 5v power switch kit (lights, fuel pump, etc). You do not need to use the 12-v power supply cable that comes with it since you have a OBDII truck. It also gives you the EAS cable so if you need to get additional sensors in a daisy chain. It's super simple to hook up. To me, it's the best bang for the buck then you can still read ICP and IPR% and what not through the OBDII and get accurate readings on the other things that normally don't accurately read through the OBDII (boost).

Like others have stated, I run one in my truck and love it. If i didn't already have a full pillar pod setup, I would just have the CTS2.

97White'nSilver

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my CTS but after the update, which is very easily done, I've had ZERO problems. Cts 2 ftw.
It seems like those have less problems than the cs which is what I had but I updated it at least half a dozen times over the year I had it and had edge reset it twice and nothing helped. Maybe the cts2 has fixed the issue. At the very least I'd call first and see what they say about our trucks. I do agree with Cody ^ the boost reading was about 6 psi off for me (19 vs 25 at wot). Tranny temp was suspect too as the analog gauge I'm using shows about 20 higher than the insight did.

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting one of these, So Cody, with the additional part number you gave you could direct wire in egt, boost and trans temp? that would be tits

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting one of these, So Cody, with the additional part number you gave you could direct wire in egt, boost and trans temp? that would be tits

Yes it comes with a pressure sensor (0-100 psi), trans temp sensor (service port on the side of the trans 0-300*), and the expandable egt probe. we've done quite a few of these kits and it saves you a little bit of dough compared to buying them all individually.

shmoozer

Reaction score
When installing the pressure sensor for boost, where do you guys tap into for the boost reference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
When installing the pressure sensor for boost, where do you guys tap into for the boost reference?

Depending on the truck; obs and SD 7.3 in the Y-bridge, 6.0 depending if they have a new cold side IC piping, if not we just tap into the hot side IC Pipe, 6.4 we put on the cold side IC pipe, and 6.7 not sure off the top of my head.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
There really is no downside to these edge monitors. However, for the small price difference I would definitely recommend the CTS2 vs the CS2

shmoozer

Reaction score
Depending on the truck; obs and SD 7.3 in the Y-bridge, 6.0 depending if they have a new cold side IC piping, if not we just tap into the hot side IC Pipe, 6.4 we put on the cold side IC pipe, and 6.7 not sure off the top of my head.

Thanks bud. That helps out a lot!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.