Edge cts2 no power

Reaction score
I put my edge cts2 in my 6.7 about a month ago and last week it cut out. Had this happen in my 7.3 and it was the fuse for the cigar lighter cutting power to the obd2 port, thing is I can't seem to find the fuse directing power to the obd2 port, was wondering if anybody knew what fuse it should be?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. I have to unplug it from the obd port and plug it back in.

Probably will be exercising warranty on it soon.

Zmann

Reaction score
touch the screen to wake it up ?
mine does the retard every once in a while

CATDiezel

Reaction score
touch the screen to wake it up ?
mine does the retard every once in a while

Touch no wakey.... you could body slam it and it would stay asleep.

Just have to unplug and plug back in.

I have a feeling it's a firmware issue. I may or may not contact edge next week and see what's up.

Reaction score
Unplugged it and plugged it back in, touched it, truck seems to be making and holding 12+volts required for operation, it was just updated before I installed it. It was fritzing a bit before though, would randomly shutoff or sometimes not boot up all the way (freezes or screen is only half loaded) from what I've read I think it's just the fuse, but I can't find which damn fuse is for the obd2.

Zmann

Reaction score
i just looked at the fuse diagrams they don't blatantly list the OBD or data link do they ?

probably buried with a PCM or vref ?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Unplugged it and plugged it back in, touched it, truck seems to be making and holding 12+volts required for operation, it was just updated before I installed it. It was fritzing a bit before though, would randomly shutoff or sometimes not boot up all the way (freezes or screen is only half loaded) from what I've read I think it's just the fuse, but I can't find which damn fuse is for the obd2.

Your truck should be "making" 14 volts while running.

Mine froze up on me the other day when trying to swipe to another screen for the #2 view.

Whatever.... warranty should be good.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I had them fix mine. But I think it was more related to the tint guy filling it with water. But it's way snappier and no weird stuff like it did before. Email tech support with your serial number. They are pretty good for warranty stuff

Reaction score
Just realized I left this topic unupdated since I fixed the problem. The issue was simply the device needed to be updated. I still have the occasional freeze up but it's much better now. Apologies for digging up an old thread.

Latest posts

Members online