Edge insight monitoring info

kampy

Reaction score
I recently sold my old 7.3 and bought a 14 6.7L. After driving it for a bit I realized it drove me nuts not being able to monitor my EGT's and the regen cycle so I bought an Edge CTS insight so I could keep track of the EGT's, regen status, and other stuff.

My question is, for those of you that are using an insight, what do you monitor and why?

As for the EGT's, of the 4 EGT readings available, I assume #1 is the most “usable” because its closest to the engine but its still after the turbo so just how useful is it and what would normal readings be and what's a good shutdown temp?

Is there any place to add a conventional EGT probe without doing an EGR delete?

The truck is stock so I probably don't really need to worry much, I'd just like to know for my own piece of mind and to increase the engines longevity.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any guidance.

werty12

Reaction score
I'm running it. I have it set to show 10 gauges.
Mph-c
Boost
Egt-1
Egt-4
Eot
Ect
Tft
Rpm
Urea level
Engine load
Not sure about the probe. But I mainly monitor these things due to always towing loads. Also my truck didn't come with the fancy display in the dash so that's the main reason. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. At least I replied��

Fyrman25

Reaction score
Im running:
DPF load%
Boost
EGT 1
ECT
EOT
TFT

I choose those for when towing, and dont really change them.

I do like knowing when the Regen cycle is on an off also. I would have thought ford would have put some sort of notice in the dash, besides the cleaning exhaust filter notice.

kampy

Reaction score
I finally settled on EGT1, ECT, boost for the analog and bat V and DPF load % on the corners of the front screen and added several others on the second screen.
Thanks guys.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Also if you don't have a deleted truck there is no real good factory EGT sensor per turbo. The best is to have a bung welded on the EGR pipe that would normally get taken off with the EGR blocker plates, as close to the exhaust manifold as possible

Latest posts

Members online