Efr 9180 on my 7.3

Swaan

Reaction score
I got a chance to purchase a 9180 efr turbo with the 1.05 ar non waste gated ex housing. My truck is currently running ff 160cc stock nozzle injectors and a lasb bell turbo.
I would like to move up injector size to a 175-80. I do a lot of towing so don't want to go to crazy. Would that efr turbo do a lot better job then my lasb in keeping the egts cool with the bigger injectors??

I just haven't seen many guys use the efr turbos on a 7.3.

JDub

Reaction score
If you're having egt issues with your bell turbo and just 160cc injectors, you've got other issues. Should be more than enough for stage one and stage two injectors.

With that said, I run a 9180 on my Duramax and love it! But you'll want to gate it...they won't handle the shaft speed an s300 will.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score
If you're having egt issues with your bell turbo and just 160cc injectors, you've got other issues. Should be more than enough for stage one and stage two injectors.

With that said, I run a 9180 on my Duramax and love it! But you'll want to gate it...they won't handle the shaft speed an s300 will.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

No no, I didn't say I was having egt issues with my setup. I was just thinking if and when I move up bigger injectors. I guess I can just put the new sticks in and try it first with my bell turbo. I'm happy with my setup, just getting bored and looking for more. Lol!!
Thought maybe an efr would be the cats meow. Great spool and flow. It's that or a s467.7 fmw. Thinking the efr would spool better thou.

JDub

Reaction score
No no, I didn't say I was having egt issues with my setup. I was just thinking if and when I move up bigger injectors. I guess I can just put the new sticks in and try it first with my bell turbo. I'm happy with my setup, just getting bored and looking for more. Lol!!
Thought maybe an efr would be the cats meow. Great spool and flow. It's that or a s467.7 fmw. Thinking the efr would spool better thou.

EFR will spool better as it has a lightweight Gamma-Ti 73mm turbine, whereas the S467 has a 83mm turbine wheel. But I really think that Bell will be sufficent, as it works well with 238/100's

Swaan

Reaction score
Your probley right. But that efr looks so dam cool. :evil
Mmmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Members online