efuel basics...

always-strokin

Reaction score
Is efuel straight forward? You need a lift-pump that creates 60-70psi and thats that? Because I see people deleting fuel bowls, running massive cat filters, and an assortment of things depending on the build

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
pump regulator pre and post pump filtration a bracket to hold it all oil pressure safety switch and various fittings and line to tie it all together. Fairly straightforward.

always-strokin

Reaction score
ah yes, forgot the FPR.

So basically you just need a pump, an fpr and a filter pre-pump to keep tank junk out... and your good to go? That sounds extremely easy.

Binder man

Reaction score
I ran -10 from sump to a jegs Y block. Y block to -6, -6 to 2 superduty fuel pumps, each pump fed one filter, each filter went to it's own head in the front. Out the back of the head to a FPR and into the factory feed for a return.

If I would have used one pump I would have a pre and post filter. Still might add a pre filter before the Y block, but I've got quite a few miles on it and the pumps are still holding in there.

jschildm

Reaction score
I didn't see where this was stated, but in an OBS the fuel bowl should be deleted. They are not built to hold the pressure like a superduty fuel bowl.

always-strokin

Reaction score
I didn't see where this was stated, but in an OBS the fuel bowl should be deleted. They are not built to hold the pressure like a superduty fuel bowl.

:whs: The OBS fuel bowl will crack and leak if you try to put that much pressure through it

if i'm only running 60-70psi through it, I will be running the same exact pressures are the stock mechanical pump. So how would that be too much?

Dieselfever

Reaction score
The factory pump is a 2 stage, it has a diaphragm that pulls from the tanks and pumps low pressure through the filter housing, which feed the high pressure side of the pump and goes to the heads

always-strokin

Reaction score
I'm a little confused at what your saying? A bypass for one pump to run the both heads?

As in, did you develop a fuel-bypass that will allow the truck to limp around incase your lift-pump dies?

The factory pump is a 2 stage, it has a diaphragm that pulls from the tanks and pumps low pressure through the filter housing, which feed the high pressure side of the pump and goes to the heads

Ohhh that clarifies things. So that throws a curve ball I'd say. I'll need to delete the fuel bowl, and also the f/w sep. Are there fuel bowl delete kits, or can I do that myself?

Dieselfever

Reaction score
As in, did you develop a fuel-bypass that will allow the truck to limp around incase your lift-pump dies?
The factory Super Duty fuel pumps have a built in check valve, so if one dies the other will allow you keep driving and not pump fuel back through the feed.

Ohhh that clarifies things. So that throws a curve ball I'd say. I'll need to delete the fuel bowl, and also the f/w sep. Are there fuel bowl delete kits, or can I do that myself?

You can build your own, basically have a pre and post pump filter with the pre filter pump being a water separator then run it up and T or Y it off to each head and for a regulator put it on the return side of the heads.

If you didn't want to build a system you can assembly one with parts from Strictly Diesel, which has great kits from what I've seen. Also there are other vendors that can supply you with a compete kit such as Swamps, Diesel Innovations, Beans, etc

always-strokin

Reaction score
The factory Super Duty fuel pumps have a built in check valve, so if one dies the other will allow you keep driving and not pump fuel back through the feed.

You can build your own, basically have a pre and post pump filter with the pre filter pump being a water separator then run it up and T or Y it off to each head and for a regulator put it on the return side of the heads.

If you didn't want to build a system you can assembly one with parts from Strictly Diesel, which has great kits from what I've seen. Also there are other vendors that can supply you with a compete kit such as Swamps, Diesel Innovations, Beans, etc

Ok good deal man.. appreciate the input.

In an effort save money some have also gotten creative by re-using the existing FPR ... http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174&highlight=joedaddy

Going to read now.. thank you

Latest posts

Members online