egr cooler line inlet port cracked

strokin64l

Reaction score
I have an issue where the egr cooler line goes in to a aluminum inlet port ( where you put the top block off plug for an egr delete ) cracked now either I cracked it pulling the tube out or it was already cracked before I bought it (what I assume) I've been loosing coolant which I thought was leaking around the thermostat housing so I ordered the egr delete for it to do at the same time as fixing the thermostat leak so I did the egr delete and fired it up and it was leaking from that plug so I pulled it out and noticed a Crack I was wondering if there is a replacement price for this it looks removable (from what I can see) I put so jb weld on it and put a lot of rtv sealant on the plug to try and get me buy for alittle until I install my car lift anyone else had an issue like this??

strokin64l

Reaction score
White_Monster what do you mean pull the elbow out? I pulled the egr cooler tube that has the rubber coolant hose (about 5"-6" long that connects to the vertical egr cooler port) and put the plug in but that Crack is in the aluminum hole/port where you put the coolant plug in at I put some jb weld on it along with some rtv sealant to try and plug it up until I can get my car lift installed the port should be removable and replaceable but if gotta tear the entire top of the engine apart so I plan on doing my 850 hp build at the same time

78f100

Reaction score
What Shane is talking about is the upper line on the front cover has a aluminum 90 on it. He is saying remove the 90 and put the plug directly in the front cover. It is hard to see the bolt that holds it down but it's there.

strokin64l

Reaction score
What Shane is talking about is the upper line on the front cover has a aluminum 90 on it. He is saying remove the 90 and put the plug directly in the front cover. It is hard to see the bolt that holds it down but it's there.

Yep that's where it is cracked 90 has been removed and it is cracked inside of the hole like it had what looks to be jb weld in there I dug it all out re-applied some jb and rtv and put the plug in hoping it will hold for awhile is there a replacement for this piece it looks like it can be removed I just don't know what it's actually called besides egr cooler line port lol I wanna fix it right when I can get my cab off to do my other goodies I have for it

strokin64l

Reaction score
I got the piece that I needed and it's not included in any of the front covers I found called warren diesel aND they had one for it 50 bucks so I took the 2 hr drive I will post the picture of the piece once I get a chance

Latest posts

Members online