EGR delete with banks six gun, CEL?

Strokin89

Reaction score
Get an sct my egr is deleted and no CEL

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Mdub707

Reaction score
will an EGR delete with a banks six gun throw a CEL?

Garrett

I'm sure you already know the 03/04 trucks typically wont trip the CEL with a delete no matter what is on it, and the 05+ trucks typically will throw the light.

The banks does not have the ability to turn the light off when doing this mod though, if that's what you're asking. SCT is the only one that can do this to my knowledge.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Agree'd on SCT and gearhead tunes.
That then do a CTS insight to watch everything and you'll be golden :thumbsup:

Let me know if you need anything have it all in stock and available.

Mdub707

Reaction score
It's still a crap shoot. With the cooler gone or blocked, the valve gets nothing and they can throw a code for "insufficient EGR flow" or something. What year truck is it Garrett?

Strokin89

Reaction score
I'm sure you already know the 03/04 trucks typically wont trip the CEL with a delete no matter what is on it, and the 05+ trucks typically will throw the light.

The banks does not have the ability to turn the light off when doing this mod though, if that's what you're asking. SCT is the only one that can do this to my knowledge.

I have an 05 with egr delete and SCT never threw check engine light

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

vernoniv.davis

Reaction score
Any help: I have a lifter that failed in my 06 6 liter. I pulled the head. The lifter is stuck in the block. It will only move very little. My question is, is there any other way to remove it without removing the cam shaft???

Latest posts

Members online