EGR Delete

DieselSD

Reaction score
I have the full EGR delete kit. I would like to just use the block off plates and coolant plugs to rid the EGR system entirely of both gases and coolant all the while leaving the system intact. I also want to remove the EGR valve and tbody in favor of the RCD true radius Elbow I purchased. Has anyone left the EGRs intact while replacing the elbow?

I figure that if I ever need to return the truck to stock; the intake elbow, block off plates and plugs would be easier to change instead of the whole system its self.

Any feedback appreciated.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I sure wouldn't do that idea. Just use the slide in block off plates for the exhaust port and leave the rest alone.... Or remove the whole system completely. If you use the coolant plugs, but don't remove the items that were originally plugged in there.... Your going to have random coolant lines bouncing around the engine bay. Plus with the whole system gone it gives you tons of access to other parts of the engine to work on.

Removing/reinstalling the system is not that difficult.

DieselSD

Reaction score
I sure wouldn't do that idea. Just use the slide in block off plates for the exhaust port and leave the rest alone.... Or remove the whole system completely. If you use the coolant plugs, but don't remove the items that were originally plugged in there.... Your going to have random coolant lines bouncing around the engine bay. Plus with the whole system gone it gives you tons of access to other parts of the engine to work on.

Removing/reinstalling the system is not that difficult.

My intent would be to secure or remove whatever would be loose, if possible.

Attachments

• erg.jpg
    erg.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online