Egr delete

powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
I have done a dpf delete on my truck and was thinking about doing a egr delete as well but can somebody pleas explain what the egr does and what deleting it will do to the truck.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
egr, takes all that chit & runs it into the coolers & back into motor to burn off soot for the emission concerns.. Options are to completely delete coolers or put blocker off plates in. I'd delete system entirely instead of blocker plates to prevent coolers from cracking & causing other issues.

powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
egr, takes all that chit & runs it into the coolers & back into motor to burn off soot for the emission concerns.. Options are to completely delete coolers or put blocker off plates in. I'd delete system entirely instead of blocker plates to prevent coolers from cracking & causing other issues.

Who makes a complete egr delete kit?

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Many vendors on here such as NL, Rudys, MPD, Midwest Diesel prob hook u up along w/plenty more I'm sure. Basically it's intake elbow (removes egr valve), plugs to block coolant passages & plates w/labor & patients to remove garbage in the way.

mortal798

Reaction score

This is not correct. No offense, but this is a normal misconception.

The purpose of an EGR system is to recirculate exhaust gas (as the name implies), but not to "burn off soot." Running exhaust gas back into the intake displaces incoming oxygen and leads to cooler combustion temperatures. Less oxygen in the manifold = less oxygen in the cylinders = less oxygen to burn = less temperature during the combustion process. Combustion temperatures below 2500°F do not produce oxides of nitrogen. Above 2500°F produces NOx.

The sole purpose of EGR is to reduce NOx emissions by cooling combustion temps.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
This is not correct. No offense, but this is a normal misconception.

The purpose of an EGR system is to recirculate exhaust gas (as the name implies), but not to "burn off soot." Running exhaust gas back into the intake displaces incoming oxygen and leads to cooler combustion temperatures. Less oxygen in the manifold = less oxygen in the cylinders = less oxygen to burn = less temperature during the combustion process. Combustion temperatures below 2500°F do not produce oxides of nitrogen. Above 2500°F produces NOx.

The sole purpose of EGR is to reduce NOx emissions by cooling combustion temps.

:thumbsup: no offense taken.. wasn't trying to mislead anyone but help w/a response from bits I've learned. I'll be sure to add next time I'm NOT a professional in this particular trade. Thanks

mortal798

Reaction score
No problem, I genuinely meant no offense. I am a technical trainer, so I like to make sure the right info gets out there. The more you know, the better the decisions you can make.

Latest posts

Members online