EGR on Off Road Truck

Wicked

Reaction score
Hi y’all,

Down here in Mexico with my 100% off road only truck - just added a 5” exhaust with some non-emm. tunes and had a question about EGR block off plates. The tuner said that on my ‘19 Platinum that I don’t need to do anything other than upload my tunes and swap out the exhaust. This vehicle only has 2,600 miles on it and I plan on having it a long time. I don’t really plan on doing anything else to it unless someone develops a 10 blade turbine upgrade to the stock turbo just for the sound. I want to make sure I’m not hurting anything by not adding block off plates. I plan on having this truck for 5-7 years and put 8-10k a year on it. Need some expert advise. Can I be causing a problem without adding block off plates? I also don’t want to remove all sorts of crap off the truck either Incase I need to bring it back to my dealer.

Thanks in advance.

sootie

Reaction score
It won't hurt anything but the EGR cooler. It plugs pretty quick so if you go back to stock, it will need to be replaced.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
What Sootie said and the plate makes a good spot for an EGT probe. Fairly cheap insurance by doing it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.