EGR question

WYO7.3

Reaction score
I have been researching about blocking or removing my egr. I ended up getting a screaming deal on a H&S full delete. Doing a little more research I discovered since I'm spartan tuned I need a coolant temp bypass kit from SDP. My question is can I remove just the pipes of the egr and install the two blocker plates (exhaust manifold, and intake) so I can keep an eye on egts. My concern is that the egr cooler would be left open is that a issue?

webb06

Reaction score
I have been researching about blocking or removing my egr. I ended up getting a screaming deal on a H&S full delete. Doing a little more research I discovered since I'm spartan tuned I need a coolant temp bypass kit from SDP. My question is can I remove just the pipes of the egr and install the two blocker plates (exhaust manifold, and intake) so I can keep an eye on egts. My concern is that the egr cooler would be left open is that a issue?

That's currently how my truck is. Had it that way for 3000 miles with no issues.

trugertha

Reaction score
Just remove the cooler it only takes an hour at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WYO7.3

Reaction score
Just remove the cooler it only takes an hour at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant remove the cooler until my sdp coolant tube kit gets here. I'm out on a line so I wont be able to get it from home for close to a month. Just want to monitor egts in the mean time. I stuck the egr delete kit in the camper before I left for work so I can mess with it in my down time.

Latest posts