EGR removal

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Was looking to remove it and coolers, add cfm and ic pipes. My question is is a wastegate needed and can I do this cab on? I'm no mechanic but not my first wrench turned. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Not trying to start any thing here. But I was told by Eric @idp that without a waste gate and just the block off plates. Drive pressure would get too high, with just a tune. So I guess its more of a? Then a! But I see a lot of people going without and am curious as well.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
My company truck had the plates for a while and BP numbers were always reasonable. Even at the drag strip in the 310 tune. It has since received a wastegate though...

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I've been running with out a WG for a year now on HS300 tune and never had an issue. BP is usuaslly in check, occasionally it will get into the high 50's for a second or two if i hammer on it. doing the delete without the wastegate is fairly easy with the cab on

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yeah I was just looking at it as being insurance, its just tuned and all. No plans on racing, pulling. You say no wastegate is easy cab on, is a wastegate easy. That's the only exhaust part I didn't replace, the down pipe. Also, im debating on rudys or elite, suggestions?

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
No gate here...you can put a wastegate in where the lower block off plate is on the driverside manifold. You don't need to get fancy

Latest posts

Members online