EGR removal.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
How do you remove these damn things.
A buddy had to have a smog check done on his truck after only the DPF delete and H&S tuner with the EGR shut off.
After putting the DPF back on EGR codes popped up. Can't remember the numbers but they were stuck open and Min and max.
I broke the thing in half trying to get it out.
I put the housing off my truck on it since mine was fairly new when removed.
He is going to delete the EGR after smog but I would just like to know for future reference.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
typically pulling the steering linkage allows the lower cooler to come out. its definitely a test of tetris, the rest comes out relatively easy.

MossBack

Reaction score
Much easier to pull the cab. Only takes 1-2 hours and we always do turbo reseal while it is up. This picture was also a clutch job.
nudygeza.jpg

B585Ford

Reaction score
Much easier to pull the cab. Only takes 1-2 hours and we always do turbo reseal while it is up. This picture was also a clutch job.
nudygeza.jpg

We don't get to see many of those....what clutch were you putting in it?

Sorry for the derail OP....I know 2 of the guys on this thread are gear jammers so I couldn't resist.

MossBack

Reaction score
South bend dual disk. I didn't believe 6.4's had manuals in it until it showed up
ury2ebav.jpg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I should have been more clear. EGR Valve only. I have my coolers gone which I think I would much rather do than the damn valve only. Screw that thing.

TD-5

Reaction score
I've never had the need to use it, but apparently there is a special puller to remove the valve from the housing.

Attachments

• egr valve.jpg
    egr valve.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Members online