egt probe

Brad

Reaction score
i have a quick question, my truck had an egt probe in the exhaust manifold when i bought it, i recently just bought a different probe to hook up to my sct. now this may be a dumb question, but whats the best way to get the 1/8 inch npt thing thats tapped in the manifold. i ask becuase my new probe has slightly different threads on it so i have to screw the new fitting in the manifold. are these things regular lefty loosey kinda thing? do i douse it in penetrating oil?

Brad

Reaction score
ok i finally got the nipple out, but now the bad news is the new fitting it just barely smaller than the previous on. it screws in, but has some play. is there anything i can use to fix that? like maybe put j b weld on the thread or something idk? becuase i really dont want to drill a new hole in my exhaust manifold, and have to plug the old hole

lenzhotrod

Reaction score
I would not use JB weld on that. If it is 1/8 pipe you might go out to a larger 1/4 pipe thread size and just use a bushing for your probe.

Mexfdmnb

Reaction score
if your using a jms probe its 1/8 npt just get a tap and run it again the last person may not have gone in far enough, i ran into this same problem

Brad

Reaction score
just an update for anyone else who had this problem, my old egt probe was standard size and my new probe was metric. i took it down to my local fabrication shop and they cut the threads off of each and welded them together so its standard thread that goes into the manifold, but metric that screws into the probe. worked great and i didn't have to drill in my exhaust.

Latest posts

Members online