"El Blanco Grande"- throwing me for a loop, need help diagnosing

Mad Max

Reaction score
in, out and all around the matrix you live in
ok guys i got a nice little issue going on with my 94.5 5 speed powerstroke, i was driving down the road today and truck has been a little more sluggish then usual. The truck starts fine when its cold, but if i shut it off after it reaches operating temp it is a b!tch to restart- will drain the batteries if i attempt to do so. Anyway went down the road today and heard a "pop" under the hood, check engine light came on and the truck was idling but when i pressed the go fast pedal the rpms stayed the same, and the truck popped out of gear. I waited 10 seconds and put it in gear and it took off fine but threw me 6 codes when i hooked her up to the scanner after i got home and i have no idea what they mean : P0603, C2ECD, P0606, P0471, P0472, and P1661. thanks

-Joe

Mad Max

Reaction score
UPDATE:

finally got the truck fired up again, took forever to start but once it caught it was ok...... until i rev'd the engine up to 2k rpms and then the check engine light came on and the truck died. any ideas? i've been told its the ipr but im not 100% sure on it yet

Last edited:

purpleheart350

Reaction score
P0603 Internal Control Module KAM Error
P0606 PCM Processor Fault
P0471 Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Circuit Performance
^this \/ should be attached to the passanger side of the hpop
P0472 Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input
P1661 Output Circuit Check Circuit Low Input

Some one else might be able to shed some more light on this but i think your PCM might need to be replaced. Sorry I cant help out some more. I have all the codes just not sure exactly they mean.

Last edited:

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Not to make you look dumb or anything but did you check the usual:
Fuses
IPR nut (just check to see if it is loose)
Hpop full all the lines tight
Fuel pump could have taken a crap (usually fuel filter light will come on)
Fuel bowl (take the return off and clean the screen and check fuel bowl to see if there is any build up in it)
Connection to the PCM is tight and screwed in

That's what I would start with. And if you still have a scanner see what your ICP is at

Mad Max

Reaction score
Not to make you look dumb or anything but did you check the usual:
Fuses
IPR nut (just check to see if it is loose)
Hpop full all the lines tight
Fuel pump could have taken a crap (usually fuel filter light will come on)
Fuel bowl (take the return off and clean the screen and check fuel bowl to see if there is any build up in it)
Connection to the PCM is tight and screwed in

That's what I would start with. And if you still have a scanner see what your ICP is at

checked all that yesterday. everything seemed ok. only things that seem out of the ordinary are the water in fuel light comes one every now and again, and about 2 days ago i put in 2 quarts of oil into it, drove it for 20 minutes yesterday and checked the oil today, its lost around a quart so far.

Latest posts

Members online