Electrical guru's please enlighten me

SmokedF747

Reaction score
Just a few days ago I noticed when I opened my door, my driver side door sill was very dim (I have the recon illuminated door sills) these light have been installed for over 2 years, and I thought, eh maybe a ballast isnt doing too good in the cold weather. Im in jersey so the weather is too crappy to investigate. but then i drive down the road, and my parking sensor goes off, only in the front passanger speaker. I forget if thats how the sensor always goes off, or if it uses all the speakers. I noticed today, that if i put the parking lights on, or the regular headlights on, the SECOND i switch them to on, the sensor starts beeping, intermittently of course, not constant. ALSO if the lights are off even during the day and I'm in park and TAP the brake, the sensor will go off...I have not looked into anything, have not checked a single thing, I am trying to eliminate as much troubleshooting as possible as it is like 15 degrees in jersey with plenty of snow on the ground and i do not own a garage. if anyone had this weird issue on theirs or has a good idea where I should check, please let me know! :fustrate:
P.S. I have not touched anything previous to this occuring, it just happened out of the blue.

co04cobra

Reaction score
That is some very odd issues. I would start by looking at condition of battery cables and then start tracing and checking grounds.

SmokedF747

Reaction score
ok, battery terminals are really good, any grounds exterior that you are aware of that could cause an issue, being all this garbage salt on the roads?

co04cobra

Reaction score
ok, battery terminals are really good, any grounds exterior that you are aware of that could cause an issue, being all this garbage salt on the roads?

Not the specific ground for the issue you are describing. I would start under the hood and go through, disconnect and clean them all.

There are a few under the cab, 4 or 5 under the hood, 4 or 5 in cab behind kick panels etc...2 or 3 more back towards the rear bumper. Just a few places to start.

Latest posts

Members online