Electrical outlet timer

7.3 MACHINE

Reaction score
I want a electrical outlet timer that i can plug in at night for the winter timer but wont come on til the morning a few hours before leaving. anyone got any suggestions?

Tom S

Reaction score
Just make sure it is rated for about 1500watts. I would also use one that is grounded. You do not need to go over the top on this.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
I use these at work for my work trucks. Very simple to use and is rated at 15 amps.
http://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-P1121-Heavy-Above-Ground/dp/B003NVLWMI/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_b

Here is the Product Description:
Product Description
From the Manufacturer
The P1121 portable outdoor pool timer is specially designed to control the filter pump of a portable or above-ground pool or spa, but it can also be used to control outdoor decorations, engine block heaters, and other indoor and outdoor appliances. For application up to 15 amps. Comes with standard three-plug grounded plug and receptacle.

At home I have the same brand only a digital model and is more complicated.
They can be found at Home Depot, Lowes and most hardware stores.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I got one from Menards for about $20. it has two outlets and a plastic spring loaded cover and is rated for outdoors

bluedge8

Reaction score
of course I hard wired mine and used a traditional time clock. but if the timer is rated for 1500watts it will work fine, the most I needed to run my block heater is 3 hours.

Arisley

Reaction score
I am actually using a Christmas light timer I bought from Home Depot. I got it right after Christmas three years ago. Normal price was 40 bucks, I got it for 15. It is 35 amps. Never even gets warm.

It is heavy enough to carry Griswald's lights.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.