eletric fans

bruce

Reaction score
are you talkin about in addition to the stock fan? if you want colder ac get a high idle tune. i don't think anyone has ever been able to get electric fans to flow what a stocker will

TURTLE

Reaction score
are you talkin about in addition to the stock fan? if you want colder ac get a high idle tune. i don't think anyone has ever been able to get electric fans to flow what a stocker will

I think this is just while moving. However when stationary or in traffic electric fans pull stock fans paints down. I would like to get one for when pulling or racing. You don’t really get as much air movement as a long trip at 50MPH or greater so they would be beneficial.

Tom S

Reaction score
I have not seen those happy electric fan guys when it comes to any towing.

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
I would put a.tuner on the truck but these old idis don't have the port to plug in .... but I was jw because the truck had one on it but it was broke so I didn't get to use it so I was just wanting to see what kind of progress one would do

TARM

Reaction score
Ok so you are talking fans mounted on the outside of the rad to pull air in when in stop and go traffic? That should work well as any blockage they create would be rather minimal considering the cooling abilities of the 7.3s system and that massive fan when the clutch locks would suck in a small child if they were walking by LOL.

As long as this is for that and not general engine cooling I think electric could have a place and be beneficial.

TURTLE

Reaction score
An electric fan will pull about as much air (@ maximum speed)as the stock one does @ 2100 RPM.

They actually pull less at higher speeds.... But thats not the point. They pull twice as much when the vehicle is stationary and does not have air being forced in from the front because of the vehicles forward movement.

444getsitdone

Reaction score
They actually pull less at higher speeds.... But thats not the point. They pull twice as much when the vehicle is stationary and does not have air being forced in from the front because of the vehicles forward movement.

how would higher speeds make it pull less? at a higher speed the fans would pull more.

TURTLE

Reaction score
how would higher speeds make it pull less? at a higher speed the fans would pull more.

Less than the factory fan at higher speeds. I think its because of the way the electric fan is a puller and is sucking through the radiator however the factory fan pulls in adjustment with whats being pushed through. The electric fan kind of pulls the same regardless.

tbolt

Reaction score
Don't think you could find any elec fan that will compete with the oem. If your a/c is struggling it's an a/c issue. Here in Az mine will blow 48-50* @ a stoplight in temps around 115*.

If you tow at all you will miss the oem. On 6-7 miles of 6% in 100+* temps I need that BIG fan the elec won't cut it.

TURTLE

Reaction score
I think there are fans that can do it but they are pretty expensive... Like almost 500 bucks or more.

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
Thanks yall for. the feed back I was just wondering since the people before had one on it but it was broke but since I'm going with all new a/c for the 3rd time this summer damned orielly remanded bs I shouldnt need it

Latest posts

Members online