ELITE 1.5 BILLET CAM

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Who is running an Elite billet cam 1.5 or stage 2.... Is there any more info
out on this or testing...

Thanks,

sootie

Reaction score
Erik was running an Elite cam and had valve train issues-not totally sure what the cause was.

call Morgan @ Midwest Diesel, he usually has stage 1 & 2 cams in stock although i know the stage 2's are scarce right now...

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Ya well that what I would like know if any or how many running this cam and how
they like it.... I seen were westly from Beech performance is running a colt stage 3.
Just like a little more info on this.... price wise colt $900 to Elite $ 1,200... but I want
info on Elite cams and realtime experience with them...

you can pm me info it does not need to go public... not starting a pissing match info only.
Thanks,

sootie

Reaction score
elite is pretty poor on response times-i stick with ppl that appreciate business and treat people right...

i personally run a stage 1 from midwest. spools larger turbos great and makes good power.

madman1234509

Reaction score
OP I think the problem you're going to run into asking this is that there is no real time data on what or how much these cams improve anything. It's a sh*t storm I've stirred up before, and the response I got was that it was too time consuming and costly to do back to back cam swaps with testing so they weren't going to test their product and show us evidence that it works. That was like 2 years ago, and there are different players in the game now but who knows. There is no back to back data of just a cam swapto my knowledge. I put a stage 1 colt in my 2008 and I didn't notice any major difference with it with the stock chargers. I have a stock one in my current truck and have dynod over 1k hp several times. Where as other builds with similar turbo and fuel set ups, that have cams, haven't made any numbers significantly more or less than I have.

sootie

Reaction score
its not peak power, it is that the power curve starts way earlier on the dyno graph. they free up mid range power.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Thanks. Ya its hard and does cost money to do anything this days... I'm not looking for
peak power just wanted input on how they run... I thinks hard on a stage 1+ or 2... I
will start my parts gathering so it will be a while before I get any results...

Munchas Gracias Senior.....

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
on mine, i delipped the pistons, put a cam in, did spring/prods/lifters, and went from stock turbo's to 71/59.

it spooled retarded faster. i currently have rcd 75/59, and it lights them just as effortlessly.

iirc, i'm as close to cam only change as your going to get, and like it has been stated earlier thats about as close to good info as your going to get. which, really, isn't good info.

i didn't feel more up top, but it comes on a hellava lot sooner. though we didn't spec my cam for top end, i had it spec'd to drive the turbo's harder faster. a solid tow cam.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yea, not really a great perspective when you change something as big a turbo chargers, that alone is going to change almost every aspect of how the truck drives

6.4f350

Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing... Truck is apart for pistons right now, if I'm doing a cam this is the time to do it but I don't know how big of a difference it will really make.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Tree Trimmer you run an Elite cam... what stage... I will be doing upgrades to moded
stockers, ported in take, head work and pistons... then will be jumping in to the twin pumps and 30 or 60% injectors...

Thanks, well that's my plan an ways...:redspotdance:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Bigger cams are a crap shoot. Not enough testing by the manufacturer to prove good, from bad.

Individual testing is not the best because 99% of the time more then just a cam is changed.

Being able to read and understand cam profiles will mean alot, but the general public cannot, and they want proof.

What would i do, i would stick with the cam manufacturer that you know the most about. In this case i believe its safe to say (colt) is that company. Based on your build, and what you know about a companies product you are comfortable with. Decide if it's what you need/ want and go.

But the rock solid definitive answers you are looking for, i don't see you getting them.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
a cam is a cam, it'll either be a crane or a colt most likely.

where ever you get the cam from, what matters is who spec's it, and how they spec it.

what makes cams work so different between the various places you can get a cam, is there spec'd differently.

let's say that one place uses more lift, or more duration, or maybe there's a couple more degree's of separation. if all spec's are the same, it only takes a few thousandth's tweek here or there and it will perform differently.

the proper question i think you intended to ask, is who has a cam, how does it run and do you like it? because there is not enough people who have them to answer your question.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
We shall se when the time comes... For now I wanted info on any users on the Elite cams.

sootie

Reaction score
you are really stuck on elite arent you...maybe take the cue by how many ppl are still running their stuff...

Latest posts

Members online