Elite 71mm Review (log information)

johnp115

Reaction score
I got 71/59 on my truck and dynoed it weekend before last at the Rudy's event. It made 603/1083 on the first run and blew the bottom boot off. They let me fix it and then only made 549 and 550 hp on the next two pulls. I was expecting more power out of it. I also ran it down the track a few times with a best time of 8.165 1/8th with a 1.748 60'. My truck is lifted 4 inches with 35x12.50 trail grapplers. I ran with the same setup before the tires and new turbos and got an 8.178 with a 1.733 60'.

That dyno is a little low is what i was told (On edit i was told it was around 50ish hp low. which looking at other peoples setups, makes sense).. I did 569, 572, 579 with a batmo in LP turbo and all the air flow upgrades on gearhead race tune

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score
I got 71/59 on my truck and dynoed it weekend before last at the Rudy's event. It made 603/1083 on the first run and blew the bottom boot off. They let me fix it and then only made 549 and 550 hp on the next two pulls. I was expecting more power out of it. I also ran it down the track a few times with a best time of 8.165 1/8th with a 1.748 60'. My truck is lifted 4 inches with 35x12.50 trail grapplers. I ran with the same setup before the tires and new turbos and got an 8.178 with a 1.733 60'.

Rudy's use to typically be a generous dyno...when did this change? Or was it not their in house dyno? That being said those numbers do seem low (on the dyno) even with 35s. Are you positive your truck doesn't have an issue (TC slipping, not maintaing RP, boost leak, etc)?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Rudy's use to typically be a generous dyno...when did this change? Or was it not their in house dyno? That being said those numbers do seem low (on the dyno) even with 35s. Are you positive your truck doesn't have an issue (TC slipping, not maintaing RP, boost leak, etc)?

My guess is it was not the dyno at Rudy's shop.

strokinpower

Reaction score
It was not the one at his shop, it was at an event he held at a drag strip. He also told me it read low as well. I guess I should check and see what my fuel pressure is at WOT. I just put all new riffraff boots on after I blew off that factory one on the dyno.

B585Ford

Reaction score
It was not the one at his shop, it was at an event he held at a drag strip. He also told me it read low as well. I guess I should check and see what my fuel pressure is at WOT. I just put all new riffraff boots on after I blew off that factory one on the dyno.

If it wasn't the one in his shop, then it probably was reading low if that is what others were saying.

Latest posts

Members online