Elites fuel system filters

Erikclaw

Reaction score
On Elites low pressure fuel system with the Donaldson(?) fuel filter/separater, who has changed them and how often or at what pressure should you clean it? There is a gauge after the canister but I don't remember when to service it.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I recently changed mine with Tadd helping me on the phone.
It's pretty simple once you get going on it.
The filter you need is a Dahl 201 and it can be found on the Internet for about $20.

The gauge is a bit funny and will read different for every truck from what I understand. It's a vacuum gauge and mine read 0 before and after changing it. I figure for as easy as it was to change ill just change it every 10k miles.
Once I get home to my computer I can give you a link to the directions I found on the Internet also. It goes over which part is what etc.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part # for the aeromotive filter. I haven't changed either yet in about 30 k

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

White_monster

Reaction score
You mean the Dahl 200 water separator Mike. There is a filter in the small black canister after the big fuel pump. It's cleanable. Yes the filter is model number 201 and we use the 2 micron one. There's 3 micron ratings.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Thanks guys I was talking about the little black aeromotive canister.
I just didn't know if it was cleanable

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys I was talking about the little black aeromotive canister.
I just didn't know if it was cleanable

i believe there is a a paper and stainless filter option, may wanna check and see what you have before you order. the stainless is usually a $100 upgrade.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
tadd said they include the upgrade with the fuel system. nice bonus. i remember with my A-1000 i ended up switching from paper to stainless and it cost $100. you're good mike, just wash that bitch out.

Spatel23

Reaction score
For reference.....is this what we are talking about here?

551a91f3.jpg

2ccc5f57.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
thats the paper element in the dahl .. corsili is asking about the filter attached to the eliminator pump.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Good stuff guys, thanks. I am sure mine needs or should be changed out. I have more miles on it than Mike and I am sure it has been neglected. Cleanable stainless is a plus.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.