Engin Oil Pans - who makes them

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Who al makes an aftermarket oil pain that holds a little more oil and has some cooling fins on it. My plastic one is starting to leak and need to ether buy a stock steel one or get an aftermarket one if they aren't to out of line on price. Some extra cooling for the oil would be nice with out having to go the route of a remote cooler.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-3643-driven-diesel-67l-oil-pan.aspx

Ours is cast aluminum with fins. We didn't see the need for additional capacity, no point in making an oil change more expensive for a negligible difference in temp. Our design was more about getting rid of the plastic pans and putting the drain back in a location that makes sense (one pan under drain and filter, drains down instead of back, WAY less mess!).

WHY NOT

Reaction score
We sell the MPD pans. They are super nice!

Does this one add extra capacity?
Shoot me the best price on a black friday deal you can think of.

https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-3643-driven-diesel-67l-oil-pan.aspx

Ours is cast aluminum with fins. We didn't see the need for additional capacity, no point in making an oil change more expensive for a negligible difference in temp. Our design was more about getting rid of the plastic pans and putting the drain back in a location that makes sense (one pan under drain and filter, drains down instead of back, WAY less mess!).

Same as above shoot me a black friday deal price with your nice drain plug option.

I also found a mag high tech one besides these two options online either you guys or anyone else carry that option?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
We don't offer the MH pan. I don't have a problem with allen heads and o-ring drains on pans you don't drain very often, but on one that you are going to service regularly, you are just asking for problems. The o-ring will need to be changed at least every few services or it will either stop sealing or break. I've personally had the allen plug in an MH diff cover decide to strip, not fun when that happens. This is why we stayed with the OE drain plug with a copper washer, much less trouble in the end.

Sorry, no Black Friday deals on that one.

DieselDog

Reaction score
We don't offer the MH pan. I don't have a problem with allen heads and o-ring drains on pans you don't drain very often, but on one that you are going to service regularly, you are just asking for problems. The o-ring will need to be changed at least every few services or it will either stop sealing or break. I've personally had the allen plug in an MH diff cover decide to strip, not fun when that happens. This is why we stayed with the OE drain plug with a copper washer, much less trouble in the end.

Sorry, no Black Friday deals on that one.
Does your company offer 6.7L oil pans with engine oil temperature sensor relocation bungs pre-installed on the rear side of pan?.l I've made one out of my steel pan which seems to work. But I'm all about looks and doesn't look as well as it should. But it does serve it's purpose since I had to relocate my EOT sensor for my digital oil pressure gauge Tee adaptor. But if you offer one or possible fabricate one I might be interested depending on design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DaCajun

Reaction score
I think I'm going to be in the market for an aftermarket oil pan just as well.... I was going to go with a factory metal pan, but I didn't even realize there were some aftermarkets available!!! Ok then, now I have a couple a nice choices I see!!! Pretty cool to say the least!!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I got the strictly diesel one ordered yesterday.
nice! get a quick drain or fumoto valve too.. love those things.. have them on my trucks along with all other work trucks I service! just make sure oil is hot when draining cuz id does slow down drain times by a few minutes..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

CATDiezel

Reaction score
nice! get a quick drain or fumoto valve too.. love those things.. have them on my trucks along with all other work trucks I service! just make sure oil is hot when draining cuz id does slow down drain times by a few minutes..

live life full throttle

Haha. A few minutes is an understatement if you use the clear tubing and it has a "shipping" bend in it. Like an hour maybe! (On a cold engine anyways)

But I still love it!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Haha. A few minutes is an understatement if you use the clear tubing and it has a "shipping" bend in it. Like an hour maybe! (On a cold engine anyways)

But I still love it!
yeah. but I dont change oil on a cold motor anyway.. I want it all to run down the sides of the entire motor and out the valve.

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
yeah. but I dont change oil on a cold motor anyway.. I want it all to run down the sides of the entire motor and out the valve.

live life full throttle

What does the oil do when you shut a hot engine off and then cool down? Levitate and crawl back to the top? LOL!!

Im just messing with you man...

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What does the oil do when you shut a hot engine off and then cool down? Levitate and crawl back to the top? LOL!!
nope but it will stick to the oil pan more when cold then it will when hot..

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
nope but it will stick to the oil pan more when cold then it will when hot..

live life full throttle

Your being anal now....!

I've looked at all the aftermarket pans. Absolute has one as well. The Sritcly Diesel one is a very nice piece. On my 11 I just bought the steel pan and rolled on...

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Does your company offer 6.7L oil pans with engine oil temperature sensor relocation bungs pre-installed on the rear side of pan?.l I've made one out of my steel pan which seems to work. But I'm all about looks and doesn't look as well as it should. But it does serve it's purpose since I had to relocate my EOT sensor for my digital oil pressure gauge Tee adaptor. But if you offer one or possible fabricate one I might be interested depending on design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We DID include an extra thick pad on the pan that can be drilled and tapped for an aftermarket temp sensor. It is NOT drilled/tapped from us though.