EOT high?

bluedge8

Reaction score
so I have left my scangauge on eot for a while now and the last couple of times I've driven it, It has reached 270 degrees'. So do you think this could be accurate? or is the sensor bad? if it is getting that hot, would it be safe to assume the oil cooler is plugged? if so can it be cleaned, I've never had one apart. btw the coolant temp is fine. as well as trans temp.

Tom S

Reaction score
I think my first point of diagnosis would be to get an idea if that sensor is reading right. Maybe with an IR temp gun and also see what temp the oil reads at with the truck at a known temp like parked in a garage over night.

Layson

Reaction score
I checked my AE this way. Right when you shut the truck off leave the key in on position. Then quickly pull the plug out of top of HPOP and stick a thermometer in there. Compare results.

bluedge8

Reaction score
thanks for the help ,I was going to do the test in the morning I keep forgetting I'll do that next

Tom S

Reaction score
I checked my AE this way. Right when you shut the truck off leave the key in on position. Then quickly pull the plug out of top of HPOP and stick a thermometer in there. Compare results.

How much offset was there?

bluedge8

Reaction score
I did manage to check my eot before I started the truck, 97* with an ambient of about 25*, so I will get one ordered.

Latest posts

Members online