Evans coolant?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok. Did you do anything exotic when you flushex Kyle? Any treatment to.remove.scale or iron? I admit, dont.know shti about coolant.

evans offers a prep solution to ready the system for evans.

i switched over the trucks i did after doing hgs. i flushed the cooling system before hand, also pulling the block drains.

with the engine blown open for said work,the system dries out,and is ready.

but for you, as i said theres a coolant system prep solution evans has that will ready the system.

TyCorr

Reaction score
evans offers a prep solution to ready the system for evans.

i switched over the trucks i did after doing hgs. i flushed the cooling system before hand, also pulling the block drains.

with the engine blown open for said work,the system dries out,and is ready.

but for you, as i said theres a coolant system prep solution evans has that will ready the system.

Mine is out. I have a 7-3. Motor is empty but not flushed. Heater core is unflushed but blown out. Should I wait until I get it back in and flush it, run the evans prep, and then switch?

Oh, and thanks for the help.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Mine is out. I have a 7-3. Motor is empty but not flushed. Heater core is unflushed but blown out. Should I wait until I get it back in and flush it, run the evans prep, and then switch?

Oh, and thanks for the help.

only because of debris and sediment. I would flush with the block prep, then install evans.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
only because of debris and sediment. I would flush with the block prep, then install evans.

Poor planning on my part. I drained the system, flushed it, filled.it with water and some radiator flush. Drove it the 500 miles. Ordered bunch of.parts in sept. Didnt.get the parts until thanksgiving and was then put in a position to hurry and get the dirty water drained and pull the motor.

I need several flushes, cleanings, and drainings but weather wont.allow. I may have to flush stuff as its.apart. Like the heater core, have the radiator boiled out, im rebuilding my oil cooler.

Spastik monkey

Reaction score
kyle,
i'm running a coolant filter currently on my 6.0. would I need to take this off or would it be good to run it with the evans?

Latest posts

Members online