Excessive Blowby Ideas??

NRHX2009

Reaction score
How do you drive the thing? Is this a church and back truck?

Matt, Its a pulling truck and some street driving. On the way back from town, i only made 1 50psi pull in 4th to 5th gear. The truck has been very sluggish lately, super slow turbo spool up 28-2900 rpm. S476x 88 t6 1.10.

It used to be lit around 2500 . No exhaust or up pipe leaks either.

PSDEng

Reaction score
Yikes on the blowby :eek:

I'd check your compression numbers if you can....my guess is you're going to be less than pleased with them.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Yikes on the blowby :eek:

I'd check your compression numbers if you can....my guess is you're going to be less than pleased with them.

thats the plan for this week, get some numbers to i know where to be looking when the motor comes out. I talked to Jason over at Carsons and that what he recommended i do first.

PSDEng

Reaction score
thats the plan for this week, get some numbers to i know where to be looking when the motor comes out. I talked to Jason over at Carsons and that what he recommended i do first.

Did Carson build the motor for you? The reason I ask is because I think I may recognize the truck.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Why bother with compression numbers? Just get it out and on a stand. Unless I am mistaken, the only thing that can cause that is piston, ring or cylinder wall damage.