Excessive blowby

ghohouston

Reaction score
Here you go boys, if you have this kind of blowby, and this kind of blue smoke at idle, you need a rebuild. Granted the blowby won't blow the cap off, this is EXCESSIVE! Wanna know why? The geniuses who owned it before me shot 3 cans of ether in it before they decided to take it to a mechanic. This is 211k miles, in 65 degree weather.

Worn out 7.3: http://youtu.be/IC6lhJIbags

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yeah mine. Ill be swapping a motor in it soon enough. I may compression test it before I pull it... idk if it's even worth it. What's sad is my buddy whose 96 was hit outside his house and frame was bent, damn near 400k miles on it, motor has 0 blowby. If they total it, I'm buying the cab and motor.

DevC

Reaction score
Is this cold idleing? If so mines not much better, but hasn't gotten any worse even though I beat on it and have been for over a year.

I also get moderate oil consumption too, and vibrates like yours.

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
Is this cold idleing? If so mines not much better, but hasn't gotten any worse even though I beat on it and have been for over a year.

I also get moderate oil consumption too, and vibrates like yours.

It was about 60 degrees out, and had sat for an hour or two. I'm sure part of the vibration is the dual mass flywheel.

DevC

Reaction score
It was about 60 degrees out, and had sat for an hour or two. I'm sure part of the vibration is the dual mass flywheel.

I see, mine doesn't smoke unless its dead cold and even then it fades away before the temp gauge even twitches, Mine shakes no differently then before I replaced the mildly bad dual mass with a single mass.

Latest posts

Members online