Excessive smoke on cold start

cbking

Reaction score
2008 F350 *** del3te and afe intake. Has 146k on. It was about -6 this morning and I started the truck and warmed it up for about 10 minutes. The whole time it was blowing a Greyish/white smoke. Once I finally got on the highway it went away. I am running the gear head street tune. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Looks like steam to me....

Next time pay attention in traffic to others cars. .. they will be steaming and you won't. .. once your hot there is no more water in the exhaust. .

cbking

Reaction score
It's fully warmed up now on the highway and it's still blowing quite a bit of white. I'm probably just being a little OCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
-6 is actually pretty damn cold @highway speeds. I bet your actual exhaust system is cold... 750° exiting through 250°ish pipes is bound to create some sort of steam

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
mine does that as well.

when it's warming up, go out and stick your face in it and take a whiff.

yes, i'm serious.

mine has a injector issue, smells like raw fuel kinda and the smoke goes away when it warms up.

it was -12 yesterday here, and my smoke went away after the truck warmed up. so if yours is still smoking, as i said, stick your face in it and take a whiff. if it doesn't smell like anything, it's likely a non-issue.

meaning, does it smell like raw fuel, maybe oily kinda, or...whatever else your nose picks up.

Latest posts

Members online