Exhaust CFM

colecoop56

Reaction score
Hey guys do you know what kind of cfm our truck are producing through the exhaust? I'm about to try something different with a different muffler on my 4" exhaust. My issue is the muffler is rated at a max of 2099cfm. Is that going to be enough for my truck? I am running a 64mm 2015 turbo with a no limit intake so I know I am pushing more air then stock. I just want to make sure I don't lose any performance when I add the muffler but I really need the muffler to quiet my truck down for the neighborhood I am moving into.

Cole

RickyB

Reaction score
Could you tell me what make & model your potential muffler is? Do you have a resonator too? Mine is going to get down pipe back for delete.

superpsd

Reaction score
I run a 4" banks monster muffler on my 7.3 The exhaust sounds near stock and the muffler is completely straight thru...no neckdowns no louvers to cause turbulance. They were on closeout thru a few companies for about 100$

colecoop56

Reaction score
I was trying to decide betweent 2 40" Donaldson mufflers. I ended up going with the higher flowing one that was rated at 3150 cfm. It's a lot quieter then the straight pipe but it's not close to stock quietness. I mostly hear the engine and just a crazy amount of turbo whistle a long with my no limit fab intake really sucking in the air. In all honesty the other muffler probably would have been fine but I didn't want to take the risk. 1100 cfm flow difference is pretty significant. I figure if I want it quieter down the road I can add a small 20" straight through muffler up towards the front since it won't mess with the flow at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online