Exhaust manifolds & up pipes

madman1234509

Reaction score
Ceramic coating or thermal coating is always a good idea. Anything to help keep the heat in the pipe so its not losing energy/velocity. I have my manifolds coated, its a black coating, good for like 2000*. I think the shiney ceramic is only good for like 1600*. I am also wrapping my up pipes, probably wont have time at first to coat them.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Did you have the black coating? I am kind of skeptical. Those manifolds see a lot of heat so who knows, worse comes to worse ill try to wrap them. Up pipes will def be wrapped, maybe eventually coated and wrapped. The cooler I can keep it under the hood the better!

White_monster

Reaction score
2000degree coating on 2 sets. Both started new and neither have any coating left on them. Could it be the weather or road conditions? Maybe. But the up pipes are still coated and they were done the same way and time.

pog

Reaction score
2000degree coating on 2 sets. Both started new and neither have any coating left on them. Could it be the weather or road conditions? Maybe. But the up pipes are still coated and they were done the same way and time.

its that -30 they see in winter lol

sootie

Reaction score
i run 6.0 manifolds and elite upipes that are ceramic coated. spool up is improved over stock and they sound better fwiw

madman1234509

Reaction score
Well I guess ill see how they do then, my exhaust housings have the same coating as well.... I wont be driving this truck in the winter here, I learned my lesson with my last truck and the salt. Too much money invested to have it ruined so quickly.

Crack85

Reaction score
i am also curious on the RCD mans and up pipes. Really wish some numbers were out to c if there worth the money

EXACTLY! As far as I'm concerned only manifolds with nos are steed speeds. Whether they lost or gained hp, at least you know what you paid for.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Im currently working with another vendor on here to get some hardcore testing/dyno testing done on the 6.0 tubular manifolds.

We've had great luck on the 6.4 manifolds, and are thinking of revising them to a different design to get cost down and performance up.

Right now, Im pretty pumped by the results we've had with the 6.0 ones. They are flying off the shelves!

TD-5

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm confused. I see the 6.4 304 SS manifolds & up pipes listed on your site, but I don't see any 6.0 ltr manifolds? Are you manufacturing a SS log style manifold for the 6.0 ltr? These of course would also fit the 6.4 as long as an up pipe was available.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.