Exhaust Manifolds

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
Ok guys I just came across a thread on another site and they were talking exhaust manifolds. Steed Speed vs Sinister exhaust manifolds. Which ones work the best for spooling a large single turbo and are there different pro's and con's to the two types? Give me all the info you can on both types. Thanks.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok guys I just came across a thread on another site and they were talking exhaust manifolds. Steed Speed vs Sinister exhaust manifolds. Which ones work the best for spooling a large single turbo and are there different pro's and con's to the two types? Give me all the info you can on both types. Thanks.
I like the looks of the sinister headers...I'm surprised they aren't blue lol

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
I like the looks of the Steeds myself but this ain't a beauty pageant. The fat ugly chick can win this contest. :poke:

Had to give you a hard time about that one. LOL

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I like the looks of the Steeds myself but this ain't a beauty pageant. The fat ugly chick can win this contest. :poke:

Had to give you a hard time about that one. LOL

Definitely. I would've assumed the sinister were just steeds coated blue and price jacked about 200 bucks

Steeds are tested & proven...sinister...I haven't seen any real data on them

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
Definitely. I would've assumed the sinister were just steeds coated blue and price jacked about 200 bucks

Steeds are tested & proven...sinister...I haven't seen any real data on them

Me either. I'm pretty set in stone on the Steeds for that reason. Unless someone has some hard data showing the Sinister ones are significantly better performing, Steeds it will be.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I don't know about the sinister setup. I have the last set of MPD manifolds made that will be going on my truck.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Me either. I'm pretty set in stone on the Steeds for that reason. Unless someone has some hard data showing the Sinister ones are significantly better performing, Steeds it will be.

Pm me if you want them ceramic coated

kdogg85

Reaction score
The sinister headers are just copies of outlaw diesels headers. I had them and loved them. They helped the breathing out almost as much as a ported intake, by the butt dyno anyway. I never did get a before and after. Seems like the tri y design worked, in my case anyway.

Now, I do not know if the sinister makes there's of heavy tubing. Outlaws were made of real thick tubing and had 7/16 flanges. Never cracked or split on me. And made a real nice crack to the exhaust.

Vinny07psd

Reaction score
I want the steed speeds but I also need to get the custom up pipe so it will work. Seems like the steeds are a heavier piece, thus less likely to fail

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Did I miss something? When did the Steed Speed's get "proved?" Last thread I was following showed more lag and no power gain... Someone help me out here

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Did I miss something? When did the Steed Speed's get "proved?" Last thread I was following showed more lag and no power gain... Someone help me out here

This is a 6.0 thread. Steeds never had issues on them.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I have the steeds, along with craigs up pipes, cant give a fair evaluation of just the manifolds being that I put the entire new set up on all at once, but the truck spools great, and runs cooler also..

TooMuch03

Reaction score

This is a 6.0 thread. Steeds never had issues on them.

There was a thread to that effect about steed speeds, but it may have been a result of the larger diameter up pipes. To say that they have been proven is not really accurate. As far as i know, there are no before and after results for them on the 6.0, unless you count butt dynos. One has to wonder why the steeds have been revised like 16 times since their release, and how many more revisions are yet to come.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
We have them on alot of trucks including king Kong and love them. Craigs truck spools a 75/92 t6 1.10 like nothing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.