Exhaust Manifolds

Black AOD

Reaction score
I have a set of BD manifolds on the truck now. No issues. They have heavy surface rust on them which leads me to want to ceramic coat them for corrosion protection. I'd honestly rather just pick up a new set of manifolds and have them coated so that they are ready to go when my cab comes up here in a few weeks. The only options I know of are

RCD SS (Big $$, which can warp from what I see)
Steed Speed (Big $$, Are these even stocked anymore or are they made to order?)
BD Manifolds (I have now, huge in size, bitch to install)
6.0 Manifolds (Can be ported and are cheap)

Are there any real advantages anyone ever proved? I searched a lot on this, I found some answers on it, some didn't help at all.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Stick with what you have. Just clean them up as much as possible when your cab is up and have them coated.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Stick with what you have. Just clean them up as much as possible when your cab is up and have them coated.

I am leaning toward that but I can't get them off, coated and back in a timely manner. My cab would be sitting in the air wasting space and time and I'm stuck paying for that. So I'm just weighing other options I guess.

Edit: Johnnydime, I love/Hate your avatar. Could watch all day. But so distracting when at work ha

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
RCD 6.0 Manifolds.

Anyone who tells you those will warp is full of it.

Also the 6.4 Manifolds have been updated per Winter 2014 and no longer have warping issues.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I have a set of BD manifolds on the truck now. No issues. They have heavy surface rust on them which leads me to want to ceramic coat them for corrosion protection. I'd honestly rather just pick up a new set of manifolds and have them coated so that they are ready to go when my cab comes up here in a few weeks. The only options I know of are

RCD SS (Big $$, which can warp from what I see)
Steed Speed (Big $$, Are these even stocked anymore or are they made to order?)
BD Manifolds (I have now, huge in size, bitch to install)
6.0 Manifolds (Can be ported and are cheap)

Are there any real advantages anyone ever proved? I searched a lot on this, I found some answers on it, some didn't help at all.

Rcds are nice. Steed no longer does 6.0-6.4 manifolds.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Stick with what you have. Or buy another set ahead of time and sell yours. For the price, nothing out there competes.

Diesel23

Reaction score
There is also MPD log style , I've ran for a few years , but my truck is sitting at the moment as I am in the process of removing my passenger side due to a Crack, other then that I've been happy

Attachments

• 20151111_154548.jpg
    20151111_154548.jpg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20151115_152045.jpg
    20151115_152045.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 69

Matt

Reaction score
There is also MPD log style , I've ran for a few years , but my truck is sitting at the moment as I am in the process of removing my passenger side due to a Crack, other then that I've been happy

They are nice, but to my knowledge no longer in production. The RCD 6.0 manifolds look killer for sure. For the price it is really hard to beat the BD manifolds though.

Rubenk

Reaction score
If you're getting them cleaned and coated anyways, just do a set of junkyard 6.0s.

I'm not sure if they bolt right up to the up-pipes you have though, that would be a consideration.

Latest posts

Members online