exhaust smoke while sitting at stop light

heres_al99

Reaction score
2011 6.7 f350 h&s tunes egr and exhaust delete, since exhaust delete have noticed white smoke coming from the exhaust while sitting and red lights and such when sitting for a min or two, what could be causing this and what should I look for?

heres_al99

Reaction score
yea just not sure what it may be,could a bad injector possible do this or maybe something ot do with the h&s tunes, it was real bad tonight in town while at astop light where I sat I was just a puffing white smoke but as soon as I get going there is nothing and the truck is running good.... just kinda stumped but yea ill grab it in the am and do some testing of the injectors but no codes at all, just when im at a stop for a min or so. could it possiblely be a turbo seal? or turbo?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Just throw a street max on it already! I'll be leaving first thing in the am so I won't be around. That's why it will be on the bench.

heres_al99

Reaction score
ok im headed out in the am too need to pick up somethings for the kidos 16 party tommorro night so ill grab it and see what I can find!

heres_al99

Reaction score
yea im kinda headed towards the turbo too but I know I had an injector act up right after I bought the truck, si im headed to get the cord for the ai and check it out

heres_al99

Reaction score
just got done with my boys 16th birthday party going to run some test in the am reloaded tunes this am and the shifting was way better but the smoking is still there, will check everything fist thing in the am

heres_al99

Reaction score
ok little update, im thinking its fuel related. after the truck is warm the fuel rail pressure on the ai is showing 31808 and is stuck there with little revs its drops a little but not every time down around 4500 for a split sec then it goes right back too 31808 what may be the cause of this. while the truck was running put up on the h&s icp and it was 3.9 and it was steady with throttle and worked as it should but the ai would show 31808 at idle any help would be greatfull thanks allen

heres_al99

Reaction score
was thinking could the pressuresensor be bad? but I am getting no codes what so ever and all the fluids are good no oil loss,no coolant loss where would this sensor be located at if I was to change it.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Is it using any oil? Maybe try cleaning the hot side intercooler pipe and run it a little while, then remove it to see if the turbo is pushing any oil? I guess I would want to see if its burning oil, coolant, or fuel and maybe go from there. What do ya think?

heres_al99

Reaction score
nope, no oil or coolant I ran it with the ai and pump pressure valve and control valve and the pressure duty cycle and they all were on the money just the rail pressure sensor that is wacked! I think im just going to change that one and see if it helps.must be its seeing the reading from that and somehow putting fuel to it while im at a light sitting to long cause it doesent do it going down the road at all, just a weird thing going on and ill figure it out somehow

Latest posts

Members online