Extrude hone nozzels

617mach 1x

Reaction score
Just wondering if any if you has had their nozzels done, how you liked them?
Also how much did you pay to have them done?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm not sure how common this is in the 6.0 world, we have wire EDM nozzles available. There's a lot of different thoughts on the different process' and how each works.

617mach 1x

Reaction score
Only seen a few do them, was wondering what company's in the states and $ ranges, I know a place in Canada that does them for 400$ or so

Going to see exactly what size it takes to fully empty a 285 at 2.2-2.4 pw and go with that
I know 75% can dump around 240cc at max pw from what warren claims

Mdub707

Reaction score
You can buy new nozzles for around that price, why bother?

The 285cc injector is ~ 111% larger than a 135cc (stock) so you would want around a 125% over nozzle I would think? Depends what your goals are though, but in theory a 125% nozzle should empty a 285cc injector.

A 240cc injector is ~77% larger than the stock 135cc, so yeah a 75% should work fine.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
To create the holes in a nozzle, the EDM and Extrude Hone process should both be done to get optimal results, 99% of the nozzles out there that are built from new blanks are done this way. Honing out a nozzle already EDM and EH'd it weakens the tip and also the spray pattern becomes less desirable. Depends on how large you go, you will obviously make more power, but most of the time they become smokey, but again it all depends how far you go and who does it.

2wd-fire

Reaction score

The 285cc injector is ~ 111% larger than a 135cc (stock) so you would want around a 125% over nozzle I would think? Depends what your goals are though, but in theory a 125% nozzle should empty a 285cc injector.

A 240cc injector is ~77% larger than the stock 135cc, so yeah a 75% should work fine.

Stock nozzle flow more than 135cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

617mach 1x

Reaction score

That's exactly what I was getting to but no one makes a 125% only 100 or 150%
That 400$ ones was a company in Canada so it'll be alittle high

See to fully empty the barrel on a
235 A 75% nozzel could be used
245 A 80% nozzel could be used
250 A 85% nozzel could be used
255. A 90% nozzel could be used

This would keep smoke and temps down correct?

To create the holes in a nozzle, the EDM and Extrude Hone process should both be done to get optimal results, 99% of the nozzles out there that are built from new blanks are done this way. Honing out a nozzle already EDM and EH'd it weakens the tip and also the spray pattern becomes less desirable. Depends on how large you go, you will obviously make more power, but most of the time they become smokey, but again it all depends how far you go and who does it.

That's good to know, how big are we talking tho? Any problems with 80-110% over or at that size edm is needed?

Stock nozzle flow more than 135cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True but we know a 75% nozzels will flow 240cc.... Stock is like 160-165cc

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We have 125% 7 hole on the way as well.

Honestly I don't know the answer to your question mach. That would be better suited for someone who knows more about the process than I do. That's part of the reason why I have never been much of a fan of opening up nozzles.

windrunner408

Reaction score
In relation to your "7 hole" nozzles Greg (as I haven't seen any pics), how are the hole locations in relation to a traditional "6 hole" injector on the nozzle tip?? Sorry for the poor wording... Basically I remember hearing/reading about the older "8 hole" nozzles had the holes further up on the tip and that caused problems (as it seemed) with fuel not being shot directly into the fuel bowl like the 6 hole nozzles do.

I also believe Rykan is getting an 85% nozzle lined up as well.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Finally enough interest shown to get a batch of 125s made. When I spoke with Adam last year it sounded like a group was going to having a 50% run made, but I never heard of any being sold. Maybe that deal fell through?

Don't confuse hone with EDM. EDM can be shaped to produce holes with very specific configuration, even like having a rounded edge similar to honing. One process may not be better than the other for sizing, but if you know how the hole needs to be shaped, EDM is by far the best process and is very repeatable without too much operator control. On the other hand, extrude honing requires the tech to control the process. You can hone over a new EDM nozzles for slight size or shape corrections and it may give it a better spray pattern, but this would require testing, to ensure consistent results, unless it was just for size (flow) adjustments. If you had a nozzle that worked very well after honing, it could easily be cloned via EDM once the shape has been included in the build program. If the EDM QC is slightly off, a little honing could finish the product to ISO standard specifications.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
In relation to your "7 hole" nozzles Greg (as I haven't seen any pics), how are the hole locations in relation to a traditional "6 hole" injector on the nozzle tip?? Sorry for the poor wording... Basically I remember hearing/reading about the older "8 hole" nozzles had the holes further up on the tip and that caused problems (as it seemed) with fuel not being shot directly into the fuel bowl like the 6 hole nozzles do.

I also believe Rykan is getting an 85% nozzle lined up as well.

They have a similarly projected path as the 6 hole, but with the 7 hole it is more precise, these are nothing like the 8 hole counter parts we have seen, tested, and have had inspected.

These perform, I have the drawings, but i'm not going to post them to the internet, as its not my property to release.

We will have all various nozzles released once the testing is done.

Latest posts

Members online