factory gauge accuracy

powerjoker12

Reaction score
How accurate are the factory gauges? I have the H&S mini max but it uses all the factory sensors for its readings. The gauges I'm mainly talking about are the boost, egt, and tranny temp gauges. thanks

08RED4x4

Reaction score
My boost gauge is near dead on with my CTS, the tranny gauge I never see move after truck reaches normal temps, but the CTS shows the actual temp up or down. Yes the MM would be more accurate.

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score
I get your question...in most cases are they are close enough...probably not the answer you were looking for but they are usually fine unless you have a big build and even then a lot of guys use the factory sensors except sometimes boost (and that is often between the stages).

08RED4x4

Reaction score
What I was trying to say is that with the cts, mini, or whatever I would rather see an actual number versus a little needle on a gauge that never moves. When Im n the mountains with my 5er Ill hit 220 and the guage doesnt even move but I know its hotter than normal because my cts shows it. I understand that they do pull readings from the same sensors but they are more accurate than those thingys on the dash.

powerjoker12

Reaction score
Yea I understand what your saying mine does the same thing. I'm just debating on whether or not mechanical gauges are worth the money or if the mini max is good enough. I have mechanical gauges in my 7.3 and love them but I don't a digital display like my 6.4.

B585Ford

Reaction score
What I was trying to say is that with the cts, mini, or whatever I would rather see an actual number versus a little needle on a gauge that never moves. When Im n the mountains with my 5er Ill hit 220 and the guage doesnt even move but I know its hotter than normal because my cts shows it. I understand that they do pull readings from the same sensors but they are more accurate than those thingys on the dash.

I have a MM and yes it is more accurate

Latest posts

Members online