factory sub

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I have a 2008 with a jvc kw-nt30hd deck. I have the upgraded factory sound with sub, everything works but the sub. Is there any way to wire it to work without expensive adapters. Thanks.

Cr500

Reaction score
Yes. You need the harness adapter that plugs into your oem stereo plug, most call it the premium sound plug or something. It will have a left and right RCA. That will then connect to your new deck. It will also have the amp,turn on wire, but if you connect that to your deck you may get popping when powering on. That would be because the oem amp uses 5 volts to turn on, if you hooked to your new deck it would be 13.5 ish.
If you look around on eBay I bet someone makes a simple step down for the turn on circuit.
All for oem amps have 5v turn on, someone makes it. You could also make yourself if savvy. On the amp connector it is not very big. Maybe 6-8 wires. It would have originally been plugged into oem radio.
Check ebay for that as well, pretty common plug. I'm thinking 05 up has same amp plug, 05 would mean the f150s and stuff. I have a 06 with a factory 6 disc, with amp connector from 08 to power my 08 oem woofer/ amp. My oem radio is same as the f150s, which could have the woofer back then.
I might even have the aftermarket amp adapter harness you need.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I found the harness for $15 at frys. Took a few minutes to put in. When my stereo was stolen I'm surprised the didn't use one when reinstalling in. I do get the pop in the sub. I have read that adding a resistor will get rid of it too. Thanks.