Fan clutch over ride switch

boo boo

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a coolant fan over ride switch so I can keep temps lower while towing. Anyone done this on a 6.4? All I found was 6.0 information. There has to be way to do this.

FordTechChase

Reaction score
Pin 4 in the fan clutch connector is the speed sensor. Grey/yellow is the wire color. This should cut the speed sensor signal to the pcm causing it to max out the fan clutch and also set a p0528 dtc.

boo boo

Reaction score
I'm not the smartest guy and I'm going to show it right now! I have no idea what this means or what I can do to put a simple switch on the fan to turn it on when I want it. I really hate how fast the temps go up when I'm towing my trailer up hills. Deltas are good but temps rise, and I either pull over and sit, or just risk it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What kind of tuner do you have if any? You could have your tune writer lower the command on temp for the fan.

boo boo

Reaction score
Mini max with ******** tunes. Matt at ******** adjusted the settings on a new tune but I haven't installed it. Always get nervous jacking with the tune installation. I'd rather just turn on the fan when Needed or when it appears that it will get hot.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Think it would be useful for racing while on the return road and in the pits? I wind up hot-lapping more than i'd like at some events and it can be a struggle to get it cooled off sometimes.

Latest posts

Members online