Fan speed sensor

yeehaw

Reaction score
I had the truck throwing a P0528 code few months back and I didn't have time to really mess with it. So it ended up in the shop and all signs pointed towards the fan clutch, throw a new one in and all was good. Now the truck is throwing the code again, plus a p0480 which is a cooling fan malfunction. Wiring looks good, anything else i need to look for? I know my A/C control module is going out because every now and then the blower motor will go to full (high) I have one sitting here but since it isn't constantly broke i haven't messed with it. But could the random spike in the a/c system randomly tigger the fan? I don't really have any weird fan noise, only once towing the gooseneck has the fan kicked on for about 30 seconds. Truck runs constantly at 192 degrees ECT.

TheRobenator

Reaction score
Do you have the A/C on when reading codes? IF so, it will throw a code like AC out of range or something like that.

Atsah

Reaction score
Not sure about the codes but it sounds like your blower resistor is failing.. It will default to high when it's on it's way out..

Latest posts

Members online