Fass fuel filter 1001

14scorpion

Reaction score
What is the purpose of the bolt on bottom on fuel filter? To open to let air out?? I changed my filters and I get the air out of the system but once I let truck sit for an hour and go to start it it's not getting any fuel. I have to let it pump for a long time, or let the air out of system again. Do I need to loosen that screw bolt on fuel filter or have it tightened?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Are you talking about the drain for the water separator?
When I swap filters I leave the actual fuel filter loose a bit until it fills and fuel comes out then tighten it and let the pump run for a few key cycles to prime everything. Never had any issues like that and I've run these types of pumps for over 10 years.

14scorpion

Reaction score
Yes the drain. Hmm so crack the fuel filter and then let the pump run till it fills up with fuel and tighten the filter back?

14scorpion

Reaction score
Well it's better now but I still can't get all the air out I think, ever once in awhile it'll chirp at me like it hit an air bubble.

wildkarrd

Reaction score
Well it's better now but I still can't get all the air out I think, ever once in awhile it'll chirp at me like it hit an air bubble.

Leave filters alone at this point. Only need to have them cracked when you replace them. Bump the starter 3-4 times. Bump, wait for pump to shut off, repeat. That should bleed the air out. The system will allow a good bit of fuel pressure to go back to the tank as it sits... When you first fire it up, turn key, wait for the pump to shut off then turn it over. Should be about the same wait time as grid heater in the winter. Use same practice if you gel this winter. Add D-Gel or your preferred, no more than recommended. Either to tank or fresh fuel filter, bump starter 3 times, wait 15-20 min and bump starter 2-3 more times. She should fire right up

Sent from a Well Head

14scorpion

Reaction score
Ok I will try that today, my truck won't bump though it is so new that just tapping the key forward it'll crank over till truck starts unlike older trucks that you had to actually
Hold the key to crank over and start the truck. So I will just turn key on which turns my pump on, then off, 4x.

wildkarrd

Reaction score
Even tho mine will keep cranking till it fires too, I keep forgetting about it lol. So yea, stuck just turning key to on. All the air in the system will end up being pushed thru the return line back to the tank.

Sent from a Well Head

Latest posts

Members online