fass fuel= junk!!!

pstroke08

Reaction score
i had a fass fuell 220gph on the truck for only one month and it failed the 2nd week i had it. got new 2 weeks ago and it took a dump again!! i have heard of air dog doing this but i had thought fass was better.. so its covered under warranty but whats going to happen next? its just ridiculous. im stuck with a 800$ lift pump. what other brand is reliable or has worked for yall?

04cr450

Reaction score
use the stock 6.0 hfcm and install a 6.4 pump as a pusher pump... Reliable and should not have any issues . The 6.4 pump plugs right into the 6.0 pump as well making it simple to install. Just an idea.

04cr450

Reaction score
Oh yeah no problem im sure. Remember the 6.4 pump only puts out around 8psi, install a sump on the tank, then the 6.4 pump before the 6.0 pump. The 6.4 aids to the 6.0 pump. I have this setup on my truck and I have 175/75's. I would also recommend a fuel lab pump but again- buddy of mine has one and it just failed with only a couple thousand miles on it. Seem the reliability on all these aftermarket pumps are sketchy

pstroke08

Reaction score
Well I have sump already installed, I'd like to stay clear away from aftermarket pumps in general if that's the case. It's a shame that they All suck a$$. It's very frustrating.i have heard something of aeromotive pumps Being good some we're before anybody have experience with them?

04cr450

Reaction score
Marty sells aeromotive pumps with his fuel system kits. That should tell you something, they must be good otherwise he wouldn't sell them. I cant comment though on that pump I don't know anyone personally that has ran them.

sootie

Reaction score
talk to Marty on here, he has a good setup as well as Morgan (Sledpull) also has one he made that looks stout.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Were you running the FASS 220gph pump with 190 injectors? If so that pump is way huge for those. Could be why it failed. That pump is made for high HP setups. I ran my 190's with a FASS low pressure pump feeding the stock pump. My FASS has been holding up just fine for nearly 7 years. Pick your pump based on your setup

Extended Power

Reaction score
I went through 2 FASS pumps...sold it with the third new one.
Ran an Aeromotive marine grade pump before the FASS with no issues, and running it again now...being over three years if not longer, and no issues.
Run a sump, DAHL 200, post pump filter, regulator/return, fuel cooler, and check valve.
Zero issues.

pstroke08

Reaction score
im a newb when it comes to fuel systems, but i thought if any thing a pump being to small would make it fail from over working? i looked at martys diesel fuel systems and like there product , but if the 6.4l pump works i may go that route for a temp setup until i have funds for martys fuel system. could i do a direct replacement for my fass with martys A-1000?

strokin6L

Reaction score
No if the pump is too small itd kill the injectors...not the pump. The big pump might be fine but you might hafta increase the return lineback to the tank for it

617mach 1x

Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23899&stc=1&d=1385654701

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23900&stc=1&d=1385654701

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23901&stc=1&d=1385654701

full setup like this should fix your problem

sump, pre filter, pump,post filter, t into heads,

out the back in another t fitting, regulator, return line

10an to the filter/pump, 8an to the t fitting, 6an for the rest

i used the fuelab 41401(?) pump and 529 series electronic regulator

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
FASS and AirDog are on par quality-wise... I do not recommend either and I wouldn't put either on one of my personal trucks

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Fass and AirDog are family companies. They're both garbage. As for the 6.4 pump being enough for the 190's, the 6.4 pump isn't supplying the injectors. The 6.4 pump is merely feeding the 6.0 pump. The 6.0 pump is the one supplying the injectors. 190's are supposedly the limit with the 6.0 pump but that's predicated off the fact that it simply lacks volume. The 6.0 pump has 3/8" feed lines at a high pressure. The 6.4 pump has 1/2" feed lines at a low pressure. By using the 6.4 pump to feed the 6.0 pump, you're just relieving the amount of work required by the 6.0 to sustain some form of longevity. Instead of the 6.0 pump having to draw fuel from the tank, pressurize it and feed the injectors, you use the 6.4 pump to feed the 6.0 pump so all the 6.0 pump then has to do is pressurize fuel and move it. It's not pulling double duty that way. The end result is sustained longevity….hypothetically. I have a 6.4 pump I never installed because I bought a Fuelab instead.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
220gph pump is way too big for 190s, I would have sold you a 125gph pump for those. Beyond that, I would need to know a lot more about how the entire rest of the system is plumbed to speculate about why you've killed 2 of them. We've used a bunch of the 125G pumps on street trucks with awesome luck.

FASS and AirDog are only related in function and last name of the "originator" of each company. A LOT has changed since those days though. I would certainly not make them out to be "the same" or suggest that one is junk just because the other is. They have been their own entities for a long time and have no bearing on each other at this point.

Latest posts

Members online